cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djhowes
Beginner
Message 11 of 38

Re: 0121 314 0001 nuisance silent call

Still going on - received a call from this number tonight at 23:00.  It didn't wake me up but it did wake up my wife in bed!

0 Ratings
wendywoos3
Beginner
Message 12 of 38

I just received one of these calls too (00.36) with an automated response of 'sorry this extensions isn't available' or words to that effect.

I jumped in fright thinking one of my family was ill/injured, sooner this is sorted the better.
0 Ratings
Kwimper
Beginner
Message 13 of 38

Same as above. 01.09. Come on BT. Please sort it out. Lots of us have jobs that rely on getting a decent night's sleep (I am an airline pilot) and if the only option to avoid this sort of thing is to take the phone off the hook (not ideal due to emergencies) then there is a case for not having a landline at all. The worry and shock that these night-time calls must be causing many people is inexcusable. Hopefully the Solicitors involved can use some of their expertise to prompt rapid action by BT.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 38

BT offer a Choose To Refuse service which allows you to block up to 10 incoming numbers.

That might be your quickest option, as BT have no control over who rings you.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8500/~/what-is-choose-to-refuse%3F

If you place the order, it will be applied within 24 hours. The first month may be free, check the page for details.

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 38

Chose to refuse is the way to go. BT cannot stop incoming calls from their end.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 38

As has already been posted by the forum moderators (BT Employees ) "This issue wasn’t due to a BT error, but we've highlighted it to the Network Team who are working on it to get it fixed."
As both Keith and Webby have posted Chose To Refuse is your best option
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 38

This seems to involve of a lot of people getting one call, rather than some people getting a lot of calls. If that's right, Choose to Refuse won't help.

Of course BT can't stop anyone making one nuisance call, including those from the kids and their mates when they press the wrong contact on their mobiles after a night in the pub. But a lot of complaints about the same number needs a look, and StephanieG has already said they are on to it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Marvin
Beginner
Message 18 of 38

Lots of people receiving calls at unsociable hours from just a few numbers.  If BT were serious then they could block these.  Of course, BT makes money out of carrying the calls and can charge us if we are forced into using its blocking service.

Result = increased profit for BT.

Result = 2 disturbed nights for my wife and me but, hey, who cares when there's money to be made.

Oh to be free of this odious company...

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 38

If you bother to look at the background, you will find that the two Birmingham companies involved claim to have been spoofed, and are working with BT's Fraud Department's investigation. The issue is thought to be abroad.

Hardly a matter in which BT is acting odiously

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 38

There is no way BT can block a legitimate companies phone line that they pay for and are not abused the use of the line has somehow been spoofed as has been posted BT's Network team are investigating but it takes a little time
0 Ratings