Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

0800 9234349 Cold Calls!

Go to solution

A quick internet search shows 0800 9234349 is a "BT Sales Partner"

So why are they calling me when I have told BT I don't want marketing calls???

You are wasting your time BT, I wont pick up!

LEAVE ME ALONE!

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 33

Re: 0800 9234349 Cold Calls!

Go to solution

@CW wrote:

LEAVE ME ALONE!

Hi.

To be fair, the "whocallsme" website isn't actually clear if it's someone calling on behalf of BT, a partner or someone lying .... chances are it's the latter to try to make them sound more "reliable" etc.

Just because someone says we're "a BT Sales Partner" doesn't actually mean that they are telling the truth.

E.g. see here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8263637.stm

0 Ratings
CW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

Out of interest, I called the number.

There is a recorded message apparently from BT.

They mention a BT partner "Two Touch" or "Two Stone" (couldn't hear it clearly!) and a number to call that "might" get my number removed from the database.

Anyone from BT like to comment?Smiley Sad

By the way, I'm registered with TPS!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

Hi CW,

If that call was made on behalf of BT I can get these stopped by removing the marketing consent from your account. Please could you drop me an email with your BT account details? My email address can be found by clicking on my profile. Please make sure to include a link to this thread.

Thanks

Paddy,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

@PaddyB just taken another International call (visible on caller display) to "give me a better deal on my BT phone lines."

Who can this be from, and how do they know I have two phone lines I wonder Smiley Surprised

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

@CW wrote:

LEAVE ME ALONE!

According this http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/search.php?GNG=0800+9234349&Submit=Submit&d=nl it's Telewest Communications.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

A number witheld call just taken offering me BTBB for £12.99 pcm.  Didnt believe me when I said I'd had it for over 5 years, and didnt seem to know much about the different BT home hubs, or what my trusty Smiley Wink v1 is compared to the current model they are issuing. 

I dont think I was talking to BT, they didnt even know I had BB, and asked me how much I was paying for it.

Told em nowt.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
CW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

With great thanks to the moderators, I've not had any calls for just over 2 weeks!

Thanksyou, thankyou, thankyou!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

I am receiving calls from what I assume is India, my caller ID shows the callers as "Unknown", and these people ring me EVERY SINGLE DAY between noon and 4pm saying that "This is a very important phone call about your computer." They go on to say that I have a virus. I know that I haven't as I have Norton 360 which updates every day plus MBAM which I run every other day. These people know my name, my home address, and obviously my landline number (which is x-directory! and listed with TPS!).

How do I stop these people from bugging me! Not only is it un-nerving but I know it's a scam and don't like the idea that they have info on me that I've done everything possible (shredding docs, etc) to keep private. How did they access my info?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution
Tell them you have now thrown the computer out, as you are fed up with people asking you about it.
0 Ratings