cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wush786
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: 1.5 miles from cabinet

i contacted them an this is the reply i got .

Thanks for providing me with your details. It seems that the cabinet your premises is served by is live, but you are unable to benefit from fibre due to the distance from the cabinet.

We are currently trialling new technologies which would help people in your situation by boosting the speeds. One such technology is fibre to the remote node (FTTRN). Instead of taking the fibre optic cable to your local street cabinet it will run the fibre all the way up to smaller and lower power remote nodes , which can be positioned on nearby telegraph poles or inside manholes etc. The trials are still ongoing, so I’m afraid I don’t have any timescales to share just yet.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

I think you just need to wait and see. I wouldn't be all that surprised if you did get FTTP. Out of curiousity, how far from you are the properties that are still showing as connected on the EO lines/down for FTTP that we discussed yesterday?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
wush786
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

all the properties that where on EO Lines are now on the cabinet out of Cabinet 5 or Cabinet E1 

hopefully this all happends soon. as 2-4 mb is horrible lol 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 26

What's the distance between you and the nearest property that is on E1?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
wush786
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

my neighbour is 4 mnins walk an shes on cabinet 5 ( same as mine ) . the rest on my post code  are on E1 which are 10-12 mins walk

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 26

I think you just need to wait and see. Hopefully sooner rather than later 🙂
0 Ratings