Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iknowyourusername
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

100MB vs 80MB

Hello,

I have just noticed that with the 80MB Deal you get Upton 20MB upload speeds but with the 100MB you only get upto 15Mb uploads speeds why is this? I thought the 100MB deal would be better over all seeing as it is FTTH.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: 100MB vs 80MB

it is due to the way the network is configured
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 3 of 6

If there's a pricing anomaly though, which I suspect there is, it needs explaining and rectifying by BT in the short term, pending the future changes e.g. 300Mbps FTTP upgrade. Perhaps it has been explained to FTTP customers, I don't know.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

I actually thought that FTTP was changed to 100/30MB.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
puratech
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

As a FTTP customer, it hasnt been explained D-ave, but i wish they would.

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@puratech wrote:

As a FTTP customer, it hasnt been explained D-ave, but i wish they would.

These huge communications companies never seem to learn the basics of how to...  communicate. They have customers sitting out there being unnecessarily irritated by the pricing anomaly, and all for the sake of a ten minute exercise in communication - an 'update' email to all FTTP customers.

And when they do bother to email you, they don't always remember to check your email preferences to ensure that you actually get to see the email (e.g. the SamKnows emails recently).

It really is pathetic.

0 Ratings