Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukclarkkent
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

105Gb size in Desktop folder, 85Gb used in BT Cloud desktop app

Hello,

I've done some basic searching to see if anyone else has the same problem that I have but I can't find anything so I'll post a new message.  Please point me to any existing threads that describe something similar please...

I've just started using my new BT Cloud account.  My Windows laptop is telling me that my BT Cloud folder has 105Gb but when I've just copied everything up via the Desktop app it's now telling me that I've got approx 82Gb usage.

I don't want to lose any files so where has approx 20Gb gone?

Hope you can help,

ukck

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: 105Gb size in Desktop folder, 85Gb used in BT Cloud desktop app

try using some thing like tree size to double check the size of the desktop folder. Sometimes sizes reported by Windows can inlude duplicate or linked files or trash and other weird things.

You could also zip the whole folder and see how big the zip file is and then upload the zip file.

0 Ratings
ukclarkkent
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks!

Thing is my OneDrive tells me that I've got 105Gb but I'm pulling out which is why I'm copying all my files in full to BT Cloud.  It just looks like there's approx. 20Gb "missing"...

The tree DOS command looks like it just lists the files in a directory tree not the size.

Any other tips?  Thanks for taking the time to reply 🙂

ukck

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 4 of 4

I'd like to get a bluray writer but I've got a  rather long list of things to repair or replace before that. meanwhile the viking probe is our best hope of permanecyny IMHO. BT cloud probably plagued by ' i'm a technologist' boardroom idiots 

0 Ratings