cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 50

11 Sky Movie Channels on October 26th

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/10/14/bt-reaches-sky-movies-carriage-agreement/

I had already read about this as it had been leaked. Pricing in the leak not the article above is £16/month provided you already have another product.

While welcome I am puzzled. I can get them all for £8.99 via the Now TV App or if I use a Roku box or a £9.99 Now TV box I can get On Demand and streaming channels at £8.99.

Unless the leaked pricing is wrong of course

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
49 REPLIES 49
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 50

Re: 11 Sky Movie Channels on October 26th

BT and Sky have signed a multi-year contract which will see Sky Movies made available through BT TV. 

BT will offer Sky Movies for a monthly subscription that customers can add to their existing BT TV package from October 26. 

The agreement means that BT will be able to offer its TV customers the option to bolt-on Sky Movies whether they are customers with the YouView box or the latest Vision + box. For Sky, the deal supports Sky’s growing wholesale content business. 

BT TV customers will be able to enjoy the latest movies across 11 Sky Movies channels, in standard definition, both as streamed live channels and on-demand for those with BT Infinity fibre broadband. For customers with regular BT broadband Sky Movies is only available on-demand. 

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/ShowArticle.cfm?ArticleID=2BBE25E5-5129-420F-916C-93ADD21F5354

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 50

Pricing will be interesting .... a glance at Sky website suggests that £16 is their standard monthly price for the movie channels , Virgin media with presumably a wholesale deal hasthem for  £19.50 and Now Tv has a standard price (that surely none actually pays) of £15.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 50

Now TV dropped the £15 price tag quite some time ago - it is now £8.99 (no longer an offer)

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
tassiekev
Contributor
Message 5 of 50

No mention of HD that I've seen, but without 5.1 sound I suppose that doesn't matter [Does it BT???]

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 50

The press release states standard definition. No mention of recording either, presumably that will be available a few weeks after the launch of BT Sport

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 50

SD only? What's the point?

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 50

I agree, that's what I said when they dumped NowTV on the YV box. When I want to watch a film I want full HD, and lots of multichannel sound. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 50

TalkTalk do the SKY movies boost for £15.00pm

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
aseymour
Contributor
Message 10 of 50

It is one of those odd things that you need fibre to stream standard definition tv channels? Very Unusual - the £16 may be a bit much when you consider the cost of getting the current selection of channels extra - I want to see more diverse content, a different selection of channels and HD. Like the selection that TalkTalk have.

0 Ratings