Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admi
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

£120 Engineer Connection Charge

Go to solution
I've been with BT for a while now at my new premises, and I had not realised until my broadband was disconnected that there was no direct debit set up. I paid what was due straight away, and can transferred to a sale representative saying I have to pay £120 for an engineer to come out and connect the line again.

I'm a bit upset over this issue, as I got no warning, no phone calls, no emails warning me that these bills weren't getting paid. Once I had paid them, that's when I get told that I'll have to pay even more, a further £120 for an engineer to come and reconnect this line. Surely, if they were going to disconnect the line they would make an effort to email or call me.

This charge in my opinion doesn't make sense, as I could go with another which charge either no fee or a smaller amount to connect the line. I'm confused on what to do now, and can't afford to pay another £120 to reconnect. A customer service representative provided me with no other options.

Is there any advice anyone can give me ?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: £120 Engineer Connection Charge

Go to solution

Hi @Admi and welcome.

I'm sorry for any confusion with the reconnection charge. Is this a business or residential account?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Admi
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
It's a business account
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

This is the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

The moderators on this forum are unable to deal with business accounts, so @DavidM would not be able to help.

0 Ratings
Admi
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Oh sorry about that. I'm new to the forums.
0 Ratings