cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanomix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: 123-reg / Webfusion BT Network Issue

UPDATE from 123-reg support on 9th June 2011 at 10:19: BT have indentified that this issue was caused by a fault with a router card on their network and works are planned to replace the faulty router card.

Taken from http://www.123-support.co.uk/system-status/

Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
weeelk
Message 12 of 19

The problem still persists and it affects wider range of websites and services. It seems like everything hosted by Leeds Data Centre is experiencing packet loss when you connect with BT ADSL. It also Affects BT Business broadband customers. I'm a web developer and have many websites hosted on servers based in Leads some also with Webfusion, 123-reg, Donhost. Also received many reports from my clients that they cannot access their websites hosted in CCS Leeds.

This has big impact on many businesses as their websites appear as not working or terribly slow for BT customers. This has direct reflection in traffic statistics and load times. Big number of users just gives up on those websites and goes somewhere else.

This is serious loss of business for many companies and should not be left without consequences for BT.

In my opinion this might be another way for BT to punish their competition. Webfusion, Xcalibre, Donhost, 123-reg are part of Pipex or Opal Communication that has been acquired by TalkTalk. TalkTalk is a part of the Carphone Warehouse - The major competitor to BT I also suspect that CCS Leeds is owned by The Carphone Warehouse.

The Carphone Warehouse is probably the largest  LLU operator at the moment and BT for sure doesn't like it.

To me it looks like they are playing their business tactics with cost of small and medium businesses. Otherwise this problem would be resolved in no time. But here, at least one week is gone and nothing has changed.

Just something to think about....

Yet another thread on BT Business>>

0 Ratings
webfusion
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Hi

I work on behalf of 123-reg.

I can confirm that BT have informed us that the issue has now been resolved.

The issue was a BT problem and not something within 123-reg / Webfusion's control to fix , however our networks team did liase with BT in order to provide any assistance we could in fixing the issue.

Regards,

Ricky

www.webfusion-support.co.uk

www.123-support.co.uk

www.donhost-support.co.uk
0 Ratings
ssnetwork
Message 14 of 19

Hi i think bt should really check this again i have tested it now and searching for a new domain as i wish to buy one through 123-reg.

searching is not working it has been stuck on a blank screen for over 10 minutes now.

123-reg homepage is not loading either.

thanks

0 Ratings
deanomix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Update from 123-reg support website http://www.123-support.co.uk/system-status/ on 10th June at 17:34 :

"BT have now fixed this issue"

Well as much as I am so pleased to see this message, it is a shame that only 123-reg seemed to really know what was going on. It was great that 123-reg's system status page was continuously updated with news of the problem which actually turned out to be a fault at BT's end. Not much help or any updates from BT, only to be told from BT support, the usual "restart the modem", or "check your outlook settings" and "your computer possibly has viruses"....

Lets hope we have no more of the same problems.

0 Ratings
mikevg152
Message 16 of 19

13th June 2011

Still have the same problem accessing 123-reg. I have a BT Infinity connection which is normally very adequate, but in this case communication with 123-reg.co.uk are and always have been incredibly slow. I've had to resort to a 3 network dongle to establish reasonable communications: beware BT, I may switch full time....

0 Ratings
mchagga
Message 17 of 19

I am still unable to access www.123-reg.co.uk even by Tuesday afternoon (14th June).  My website (hosted by 123-reg) is down and my emails addressed to a domain hosted by 123-reg are not getting through.  Can anyone suggest who I should contact to try to resolve this?

0 Ratings
higgity
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

So relieved to see Webfusion having posted and affirmed, indeed validated, the actual problem and the root cause thereof.

Today, once again, the exact same problem, I cannot manage my websites and domains.

0 Ratings
higgity
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Thank you, Tug

0 Ratings