cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

12Mb off D/L 10 off U/L

Hello I have been having issues with my fibre since the beginning of the year. It started with me losing half my upload speed, but now I have lost 12Mb off download. For almost 17 months I hade a IP profile of 74.1 Mbps, now it has been at 62.05Mbps for the past month. I've done a quiet line test and it is fine, also connected to the test socket, no change. 

Any help would be much appreciated.bt.PNGbtper.PNGdsl checker.PNG

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: 12Mb off D/L 10 off U/L

true speedtest.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

your connection time is only 2+ days have you been having problems with connection dropping as also suggested by your noise margin of 7.4db which is higher than normal 6db and is the cause of your slower 67mb connection speed.  If you can maintain connection then your noise margin shoulkd reduce back to normal 6 with corresponding increase in speed towards max attainable  this could take a few weeks not days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

The connection time is due to the annoying 14 day restart bt does

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

having also had the 14 day connection problem it doesn't cause an increase in the noise margin and from my own experience it was reconnected right away with same speed and noise margin  suggests that noise margin was higher than normal for drops in connection/noise on the line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Traced some of the issues to a faulty HH5, I replaced it with the smart hub on Thursday. Line stats are much healther but still only dowloading at 57.6 Mb.hh6.PNGtrue.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

try running btspeedtester again and then diagnostic test with ethernet cable  but use chrome or edge/IE as there appears to be a problerm with results using firefox

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I've tried that jolly, I have been getting the error for the past couple of weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

do you get the initial btspeedtester results just it won't work for diagnostic test

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Yes, I got the initial result but no diagnostic.  After reading through the forums my issue seen very similar to the one in this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Fibre-broadband/Infinity-1-Speed-Boost-given-then-taken-away...

0 Ratings