cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

£130 callout charge for problem with BT HOME HUB

I phoned broadband support several times in the months leading up to April this year, as i was experiencing an intermittent fault which meant the broadband kept disconnecting and my phone line was very noisey got no joy so when it happened again i phoned customer services and a lady there commented how noisy my line was and she got the line checked and said i needed an engineer out no mention about being charged, i did tell her it wasnt all the time and that my broadband disconnected when this noise on the line happened. The engineer came out and of course it was' nt doing it at the time when he here but checked my phone socket and went to the box said there was no problem there and there was probably a problem with my home hub but that he couldnt authorise a new one  to be sent, but that he would put it on his sheet. problem continued so one day i decided to change the name of my home hub and change the key and it resolved my problem. My shock horror when i discovered on my bill 3 months later (bearing in mind i'm billed monthly) that i had been charged £130 call out charge when i phoned about it i was put through to India said there was nothing that could be done i asked to be put through to someone in england and got told he couldnt so i made a complaint he gave me a reference number and said someone form england would call me regarding it i'm still waiting. WHY SHOULD I PAY WHEN THE FAULT WAS WITH THE BT HOME HUB and how do i speak to someone in england about the complaint? I'm leaving BT when i move next year and i'm not going to have them at my new address fed up with india call centres who constantly ask u to hold on in the hope u'll give up

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: £130 callout charge for problem with BT HOME HUB

Time Related Charges Dept.  0845 234 6035.  It is in England, but whether they will really help I can't say - they didn't help me!  (now with Ombudsman).  In my view, if you weren't warned about the possibility of a charge then you shouldn't be charged, but don't be surprised if you are told they have records saying you were warned.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

thanks for that will try tomorrow, emailed the mod on this board for a number, no answer thought they were supposed to be helpful

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Hi teabag,

If you filled in the contact form for the mods, it can take 2 or 3 days before they get back to you. They are a fairly small group, and you can see they have a lottttttta work to do.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings