Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lluckeyone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

£130 connection charge that i was told was free with broadband

Go to solution

i moved home on the 30th of November 2012 i ordered a new line and broadband because i was told by the nice woman from bt that the £130 connection charge would be waived bt came on the 17th of December 10 days and 6 missed appointments late i then received a bill to be paid on the 3rd of January 2013 for my new address and included was the £130 charge i have tried and failed 5 times for this charge to be waived and i am now losing the will to live bt promises to sort it out every time i phone but it just gets worse i am in fact in credit because i paid upfront charges for my old address on the 27th of November that they need to refund me for what the hell do I do next

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: £130 connection charge that i was told was free with broadband

Go to solution

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@lluckeyone wrote:

i moved home on the 30th of November 2012 i ordered a new line and broadband because i was told by the nice woman from bt that the £130 connection charge would be waived bt came on the 17th of December 10 days and 6 missed appointments late i then received a bill to be paid on the 3rd of January 2013 for my new address and included was the £130 charge i have tried and failed 5 times for this charge to be waived and i am now losing the will to live bt promises to sort it out every time i phone but it just gets worse i am in fact in credit because i paid upfront charges for my old address on the 27th of November that they need to refund me for what the hell do I do next

Also check this page - bt landline - especially the bit about 'installing your new line' where it states if taking a broadband or tv package it's included

Is there a reason of why it was 10 days late and 6 missed appointments? Who missed the appointments? was it yourself or bt?

0 Ratings
lluckeyone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
my first written appointment was the 7th of dec no show they then told me it would be done the following week without fail i waited in all week they finaly showed up on the 17th of dec
0 Ratings
lluckeyone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
thanks i will try that next i am fed up talking to indians with poor english
0 Ratings
lluckeyone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

i got in touch with the moderator who phoned me and appologised for the error and told me that he was crediting my account and sent me an email to confirm this but sadly even he does not seem to be able to sort it out as  yesterday bt took the money from my account i think my next step will be to get in touch with watchdog and my local m p i am totaly fed up with talking to bt they are just faceless robbers who seem to be beyond the law i have made 2 live chats and 5 phone calls so far and every time i have been assured that it will be sorted what a terrible experience with a british company

0 Ratings
lluckeyone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
moderator has got it sorted the conection fee will show up as credit in my next statement well done to him succeeded where all else failed
0 Ratings