cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 141 of 163

Re: 135k ip profile

Ok, thanks again how do i delete this thread i maybe start a different one seeing as though my problem is different to a stuck profile?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 142 of 163

you don't/can't delete it

you just start a new subject if you think you still have a problem but the profile change was covered in a post by KerryG before where she said it was possibe for the new profile sytem to go back to old system

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 143 of 163

Ok never mind, ill leave this one open for now so i can still get advise, i really think im still going to have problems after the 10 days are over.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 144 of 163

well with a 12.58mb connection and the correct profile and a noise margin a normal 6 it does not look like it- sorry

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 145 of 163

This is a copy of the post relating to the88.2% profiling  hopefully this explains all to you 

Re: 88.2% profile upgrade 

on 11-07-2011 15h32 

Hi Guys

This upgrade is only available on 21C, but only Huawei 21C MSANs (equipment situated in the local Telephone Exchange) currently support it. Exchanges with Fujitsu MSANs will get the upgrade as part of the second phase, and that is happening soon.

There are two clear benefits to the changes, 
An improvement in the IP rate as it is much closer to the sync rate. For example under the new method a sync rate of 18000kbps equates to an IP profile of 15881kbps which is an improvement of 881kbps in IP throughput.The other improvement is that there is no delay in uplift because this new process takes a different route to configure the BRAS IP profile system loading and volumes are no longer an issue and the BRAS updates with the new style IP profiles immediately.
However until phase 3, where our systems will be updated, some lines could benefit from the improvement only to be overwritten by the systems back to the old style profiles at a later date. This will be temporary until the systems have been updated where this issue will be rectified.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 146 of 163

thats very interesting, thanks john. Ill come back when my 10 days are up and ill let you know if im still have issues, and i do still think theres a problem somewhere because untill the 1st of august when it originaly started my line was nearly perfect, a constant 7 meg on adslmax from december 2010 up to 1st august, except of course when theres congestion, but even then i only lost around 1meg for a few hours, now, to this current night ive had nothing but a terible service and i wish i didnt give in to the new contract when i rang for the mac code,as always as soon as an engineer turns up the intermittent fault as gone and i look like a toltal t--t, story of my life.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 147 of 163

is this the full upgrade or just part of it like what you said in the post, take alook at the exchange,http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EMBURTO

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 148 of 163

you have been upggraded to 21CN adsl2+ there is no partial upgrade of your download connection.  you do find upgraded exchanges where the upload speedd is increased but down sync stays on adslmax until you agree a new contract

this is not the case with your connection

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 149 of 163

thanks imjolly. Im of to bed, i feel really down, im happy 1min and over the moon then something will go wrong, not just my connection, other things aswell. Good night.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 150 of 163

HI
The post I quoted is with reference to the 88.2% ip profiling system adsl2+ is totally different an exchange is either upgraded or not that simple my best recommendation is forget all the facts and figures and just use and enjoy your connection there is nothing wrong with it at all
0 Ratings