cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 151 of 163

Re: 135k ip profile

As i said last night there is always something, my Father wants the power switched of for at least 2 hours which leaves me no juice to the hub, is this going to really screw things up, i told him im still training my line but he basically said "I couldn't care a f---k", but when he cant connect his phone because theres no speed then he cant blame anyone but himself. does anyone use a hhb3? if so do they have (in network on pc,where it shows you connected computers and your router and gateway etc) a computer called HHUB3?, im curious because why would a hub be in computer section, shouldnt it just list under other devices?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 152 of 163

Hi yes it could cause you problems but you will just have to wait and see.

The best thing i can advise is to power down the hub until the work on the power is completed then just restart once that way your connection will have the minimum disturbance as to computer identified as hhub3 that is normal again just ignore it
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 153 of 163

thanks again, ill let you know if things have changed, i might aswell change to the hub2 that was sent to replace the bust one, i was going to wait till after the 10 days but now the mains is being turned off i will just change then, i think the exchange can comunicate better with hhub2 anyway, thats just my thought doesnt mean it does.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 154 of 163

There will be little or no difference between the two you have a great connection now i would personally leave well alone and not change anything
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 155 of 163

well while my dad had the mains off i decided to change over my hub to the new hh2.0 that was sent so i could carry on using the phone, i changed the filters for the new ones aswell, this one seems to be doing its job and adjusting with the exchange but before when the hhub3 was plugged in the only time it would go off is when my webpages started freezing and i couldnt load anything, with hhub 2 the exchange turns it of and adjusts accordingly,(either that or its another faulty hub lol). My speed is starting to rise slowly but its rising so im happy at the moment, now im happy something will go wrong, you could place bets on it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 156 of 163

just don't reset it Smiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 157 of 163

There is no point in giving you advice on stabilising your connection if you constantly ignore advice given from experience of many years it was suggested you left everything alone as you had a very good connection that just needed to finalise its training period therefore with regret I shall offer you no further assistance
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 158 of 163

I didnt have a choice for the mains power being turned off, so while my Dad had the mains off i swapped the hub because there was no power anyway, plus i needed back the phone which is why i got in touch with the mods and had the home hub 2 replaced, i was using the hhub3 as a temp and was only going to change the hubs  over after the 10 days wre up, but because my Dad insisted that he's turning off the mains and told me to go do one, i just changed them over as i see the damage as already been done so to speak, im not ignoring the advice you guys are giving me, it was just a goodtime to change the hub over as there was no power, but sorry if ive offended you guys for not leaving it be.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 159 of 163

Why the power was off i tested the line for noise using 17070 and pressing 2, i heard the old pulse dialling noise but only once, this is the first and so far the last time ive heard the noise, maybe this is the intermittent fault that i think i have? Are crossed lines still possible? what would be the reason for that kind of noise? Its still dont hear it after checking again, i cant ring techs because its gone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 160 of 163

if it's gone then why bother - you have a good connection just leave it to settle after all the disconnections and changes that have happened in last few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings