cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 163

Re: 135k ip profile

Sorry for not getting back to you guys but i got a base ball bat and batted the router across the room lol, i have another from a freind hhb2, although this wasnt the problem, i got so peed with the 130kbps speed, its so painfull waiting for pages to load.First of all i dont have anything or no how to take a screen shot of router stats, the noise on my line only happens when the router is on, but before the engineer came out and changed the master socket the noise only happened when the router was receiving or transmitting, now it is constant untill the router is killed, so that tells me its the cheap rubbish master socket he used, there must be some sort of filter in the face plate and i suspect its messing things up. I havent been pluggin or unpluggin my router, the problem started with my ip profile dropping on 1st August, now the only time it gets unplugged is evrytime i ring india and they ask me to shove it the test socket, my filters are fine, i have 7 altogether and the 2 im using are the only ones that actually do the job properly, and when my ip profile dropped to 135k the other night i heard a loud bang in my street first, it was a sort of bang then ping though i dont think its anything to do with lines i think it just happened at the sametime.Engineer comes out friday and also i get plugged into adsl2 as i start a new contract which i really regret, i wanted o2 but im soft and cant say no, i only rang for a mac code and ended up with a new contract.Anyway guys thanks for your feed back, ill be back to give you update on friday hopefully, and hoping i can get this fixed once and for all, if its the echange then maybe being plugged into another service might fix the problem(which i doubt), thanks again.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 163

I just noticed another guy with same 135k profile, hes not from B-O-T by anychance?

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 163

Oh, and the 2meg to 4meg to 6meg and back was each time when i did bt speed test, my ip profile always at 7150k and dsl rates where 8128 down 448 up, profile only dropped the first time reported and then the first time it went to 135k and the other night when it went to 135k, also the first time it was 135k my ip profile was reset and after 10/20 mins i wasup to 6meg, this time india said we did the reset and sending engineer out but as someone said earlier i dont think they reset it this time.Its not self inflicted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 163

Hi to reply to your last three posts the socket is not just something cheap they are standard sockets used in every BT installation there are filters installed in them to filter out interference you still need your normal filters

changing to adsl2+ up to 20mb service will not improve your connection until the noiseproblem is resolved the problem will cause disconnections and keep causing your ip profile to drop
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 163

sorry im not tryin to  be disrespectfull but im tryin to tell everyone that the noise was there after the engineer had been out and messed with my wiring, now there was a slight buzz before the engineer came out wich was the sound of the microfilters working from what i could tell because it only happened when both my landline and the router was active, now if i diaconnect the router the sound is gone, my landline is crystal clear so either the router as decided to give in after the engineer had been and gone or there is a filter in the master socket thats not working as it should, and yes i have filters on each connection,if its nothing to do with master socket then the router is buzzing and its being transmitted through the line. 

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 163

May be worth asking the Mods to send you out a new router, so you can test with an alternative one?
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 163

Ok heres the update, im now on adsl2 and my speed is 12.4meg it seems very stable , only concern is my snr is below the default 6db which means im going to start getting disconnects, i hope the engineer will sort that out when he gets here, seems that it is the exchange thats screwed, and that buzzing ive got isnt making my speed drop at all, if im right its just making my snr low ,so when the engineer gets here hopefully he can fix things. So guys its not always your line thats screwed even when they say it is, they just cant be bothered to go looking for the real problem, in my case it was the exchange causing me the problem. Thanks for your help guys ill be back after the engineers been and let you no what the buzzing is

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 163

Hi boe323

Could you please post your full hub stats then we can advise if your noise margin is likly to casuse you any problem

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 163

how do i post my stats? the engineer as been and the buzzing is nothing to be concerned about ,he just said its the filters making the noise as all do when working apparantly, the engineer can get 14.1meg with is tester but i can only get 12.2 on the homehub 2, is the hhb2 supposed to say adsl2 now its switched over because the hub just says adsl connected

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 163

the moduluation if upgraded should say either 992.3 or 992.5 - adsl2 or adsl2+ respectively

didn't think there was any buzz normally from the filters

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings