cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 163

Re: 135k ip profile

Hi this is how to get yoiur hub stats an the link for the bt speed test if you can post the results of both we can advise youfurther
If you post the full stats from your router

For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser

Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it

Click on More Details and then post the full results.

also post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 163

The hub stats will tell if you are on adsl2 the hub software is only basic guide
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 163

Hi, i can get to the stats but i dont know how to copy the results from my router or from bt speedtester, and the buzz that i have is ok its just a noise from the filters ,its hardly noticeable and the engineer said its nothing to be concerned over so ill take is word for it, so please explain the proceedure to copy the results and post them on here

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 163

ADSL line status Connection Information Line state Connected Connection time 0 days, 00:35:43 Downstream 14,258 Kbps Upstream 888 Kbps ADSL Settings VPI/VCI 0/38 Type PPPoA Modulation G.992.5 Annex A Latency type Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up) 5.8 dB / 13.9 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up) 35.2 dB / 13.6 dB Output power (Down/Up) 21.8 dBm / 1.3 dBm Loss of Framing (Local/Remote) 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote) 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote) 0 / 0 FEC Errors (Down/Up) 1006 / 2 CRC Errors (Down/Up) 4 / 0 HEC Errors (Down/Up) 25 / 0 Error Seconds (Local/Remote) 4 / 0 this is my stats ,current speed is 12.180
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 163

just tried bt speedtester,it says unavailable for my connection currently(or close to those words)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 163

stats look good and on adsl2+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 163

hi as imjolly has posted stats look very good certainly nothing wrong with the noise margin it will vary a little around 6db through day and night
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 163

Ok, thanks guys for your help, i guess if my mtu was different(which i cant change in the router) i would probably get around the 14meg that the engineer was getting on his tester, but 12.2 is fine for me, i will look into buying a new router now that my speed is decent then i can find the right mtu for me, i have done this before on another isp where the mtu could be changed and got a 1meg improvement so i know it can be done, its just finding a decent router thats not going screw up the stats i have now and the ping that i have now, i went through 5 netgear routers when i first joined bt, taking it back and swapping for a different model and in the end i got a refund because the the homehub 2 was superior compared to the stats and ping i was getting with the other routers, if only bt would unlock the settings, the homehubs would be 10 out of 10, i give 9 out 0f 10 because of the settings being locked down, even the option of changing the mtu would make the hub 10 out of 10.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 163

how can you tell that the homehub as switched to adsl2+? it just says adsl connected like it did before?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 163

hi it is in your hub stats Modulation G.992.5 Annex A is adsl2+ 992.1 is adsl max the old upp to 8mb service dont worry about MTU setting they are correct for the bt network you also have a 14mb connection so nothing to worry about Downstream 14,258 Kbps your throughput /download speed will be always lower than that your connection  speed as it is controlled by your IP Profile which is set at 12mb lower than your connection speed so as not to overload the network with exceess data this link explains more about ip profiles http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

0 Ratings