cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 163

Re: 135k ip profile

Ok, thanks for explaining, just wondered that was all because engineer was getting 14.1 meg at master socket and 13.9 on the extension, 12.2meg is fine for me anyway, its a big step up from 8 months at 7meg, and after 1st august 6meg if was lucky.Im happy now although it would be nice for my council and bt to get together and install fibre in our town which i think is going to happen since parliment agreed to put funds in the kitty for towns etc to be upgraded, it will be a while but its still a step in the right direction

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 163

Starting to get disconnect problems due to snr margin, seems to cope to about 5.3db then just disconnects around every min, all my other problems went away and i now have a new problem which is snr being to low, ive changed from hhb2 to hhb3 and doesnt disconnect as much because noise margin went to 5.5db, actually its only disconnected twice since using hhb3 but because of the constant disconnects ive lost a little speed. i suspect that the snr will be better in daylight.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days,
02:22:11
Downstream:14.08 Mbps
Upstream:888.9
Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex
A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin
(Down/Up):
5.5 dB / 14.2
dB
Line attenuation
(Down/Up):
30.0 dB / 13.9
dB
Output power
(Down/Up):
20.4 dBm / 12.3
dBm
FEC Events
(Down/Up):
290300 / 1
CRC Events
(Down/Up):
66 / 64
Loss of Framing
(Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Signal
(Local/Remote):
0 / 0
Loss of Power
(Local/Remote):
0 / 0
HEC Events
(Down/Up):
2151 / 22
Error Seconds
(Local/Remote):
37 / 0
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 163

just when you think its all over,,,,lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 163

has you connection not been upgraded to adsl2+ in the last few days?  if so, you are in a 10 day training period and the router should be left connected 24/7 with no manual reset  during this time the hub may reset (often) as it tries to find the best stable connection for your line.  but no manual resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 163

Ok, but i did have to unplug the hhb2 and change it because the hhb2 just wouldnt stay on for more than a minute, it started around 7.00pm, so i think its broke , it was a spare from a friend and he didnt know whether it worked or not, but now i have hhb3 which is brand new and its only gone of twice on its own accord, im alittle dissapointed though because ive lost a littl;e bit of speed because of the hhb2 turning of constantly, also have no phone now because hhb3 dont support dect.Shouldnt my snr margin be above the lowest default of 6db, this is the lowest you can go before your connection starts to become unstable http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm read this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 163

that is not correct many connections run on a noise margin lower than 6 but you need a stable connection.  my own connection runs stable of 3db

you need to stay connected 24/7 during the first 10 days after upgrade as your line starts a new training period

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 163

Hi no with adsl2+ a default of 6db is normal and reducion at night down to as low as 3db can happen although dropsto 4.5 to 5 are more normal on a good line 3db can be readily supported with an increase of of connection speed my own line runs at at a typical 1.8 db dropping to 1db during the evening with no loss of connection and it hasrun at that for 3 months + with no loss of connection so do not worry about a drop of a db or so as imjolly has said if you are new to adsl2+ which I think you are automatic resets are to be expected while the exchange equipment selects it's best speed for your connection
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 163

I just read something else on adsl2+, apparantly adsl2+ does things a little different, i was thinking it did the same as adslmax and that it was just higher speed, A high SNR margin will mean a reduced maximum throughput, but greater reliability and stability of the connection. A low SNR margin will mean high speeds, provided the noise level does not increase too much; otherwise, the connection will have to be dropped and renegotiated (resynced). ADSL2+ can better accommodate such circumstances, offering a feature termed seamless rate adaptation (SRA), which can accommodate changes in total link capacity with less disruption to communications.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 163

well at least i definatly know the hhb2 my mate gave me is stuffed,that wouldnt stay on at all , it just gave in around 7pm/7.30pm i just hope it re adjusts as it was 14.25meg but then it went of and now its 14.08 on hhb3 stats, its not alot and im not really that bothered but still, it would be nice to have it back

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 163

as your line is in the 10 day training period you should really try and minimise the manual resets and let the equipment sort out the best stable connection for your line - preferably no manual resets during training is best

0 Ratings