Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

135k only + speedtester can't complete test

Go to solution

Our line has dropped to 135k as a result of a faulty extension. That was over a week ago and the line is still at the slow speed. (Hub 2.0 connected to main socket since then)

I've tried to run the speed test a few times but it can't complete the test. It tells me I have 135k, carries out the upload test and then displays this error.

null

The Performance Tester could not perform Assured Rate throughput test ,
Please try again later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
raymie67
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: 135k only + speedtester can't complete test

Go to solution

post your line/connection stats from the router.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
This?
ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 00:27:06
Downstream 160 Kbps
Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.0 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 42.2 dB / 22.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.3 dBm / 1.6 dBm

0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Conn time is low because I just switched to ethernet conn
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

The margin is 6 which is what it shhould be to start with on a new connection but yout downstream sync is about as low as it can go.

To me this indicates a bad line.

Have you checked that you have working filters in all the needed places and perhaps try the test socket if you still have any extensions wired up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
After connecting to the test ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 00:04:06
Downstream 4,384 Kbps
Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.8 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 41.9 dB / 22.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 7.0 dBm / 1.6 dBm

socket

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

If that rate stays then your IP profile should rest eventually (between now and 5 daysm probably nearer 12 hours) but running speedtester is the only way to be sure,

If you still cannot run iit make sure you are not stopping it via firewall rules or thing slike peerblocker.

The test socket is the same as the master but will all extension wiring disconnected so you still have a fault in the house wiring it seems to me.

0 Ratings
kawan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks very much.

All I did was to re-route an existing extension and add a small extra length via a proper conn box. I've remade all the conns so I'm not sure where to go next. The phone works and all the filters are recent.
At least I know where I need to be looking.
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

to clarify

If you have a master socket with a faceplate that has two sockets, one for adsl then you have faulty extension wiring.

If you use a filter on the master socket and it only has the one port then you either have faulty extension wiring OR you have something plugged in to an extension without a filter, all extensions should have their own filters if needed unless the master socket FACEPLACE is filtered.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

with the improvement in the test socket you have a problem with your extension wiring.  it is often the case the extension acts like an aerial for noise causing problems with your connection.  is the orange bellwire connected to terminal 3 on the back of the bottom half of the master socket?  if so it should be removed and from all your extension sockets as described here  http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings