cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

14day reset

hi so my hub likes to reset itself every 2 weeks but it reset itself last thursday then stable all week but then it still goes ahead with its 14day reset thing? its so wierd whys it do it? and different Q why is my max data rat coming down is it new peeps joining? my max rate used to be 78 now its 74600 my line syncs at 73900mbps not complaining just wondering.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: 14day reset

0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

its so stupid that bt havnt fixed this issue yet lines stable but ohh well reset it anyway lol.hg612 unlocked going for £40 on bay to much or about right.im on huawei cab so broadcom chip is best right? and what about my max data question : )
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

your max data rate and also your noise margin will fluctuate all day if you watch them   as long as your data rate remains the same then nothing to worry about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

A gradual reduction in the data rate could be due to crosstalk  http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis     

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

as someone who suffered the 14 days reset I know how annoying it can be but that is all it is as, if like mine, downltime was minimal and conenction returned just as it was before the reset  mine stopped all of a sudden having done nothing to try and improve the hh5a so it does stop.  I then went on to have 90 days until a power cut ended the run

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

It can though be more than just a bit annoying if the customer is trying to record a BT TV multicast channel at the time of the reset. 😞 That has happened to me a fair few times.

It implies BT haven't really thought through how their own products fit together! If you offer 24/7 TV channels over broadband and recording facilities you can't have broadband connections that keep resetting.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I solved that by resetting the hub at a time it was convenient to me so the 14 days were at a time I knew would not cause me a problem. It does tend to 'creep' so I had to check when the resets happened and if likely to cause me problem then I just did the process again

as I posted before the resets  just stopped and that was before the new firmware update so just as out of the blue it started it stopped

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Hi again outy.

Have a look at an unlocked  hg612 3b openreach modem and a 3rd party router that works with bt tv .*

The unlocked openreach hg612 3b stops the dreaded bt vlan 301 and ditching the hh5 (both types) gets rid of the  TR-069 bug for the 14 day resets.

I use the unlocked modem and a 3rd party and the line in so stable its almost dull 🙂

The only time these days I load up the line connection software is xmas hoildays to keep an eye out for flashing lights affecting the line.

*Asus and Apple seem popluar -

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Using-a-3rd-party-router-for-Multicast/td-p/1048582

0 Ratings