cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

1571 Service

Since I moved across to Bt on 31st May 2012 I have had a problem with the 1571 service and the situation presently is that when a message is left there is no indication on my phone or on the phone line that there are messages.  I believe there should be an interruption to the dial tone suggesting I have messages to listen to.  On six occasions I have reported the fact that there is no change to the dial tone when a message or messages are left after being told the fault has been fixed, the dial tone remaining continuous.   The next step was to raise a complaint and to-date, I have raised three complaints to Bt and all this results in, is a phone call from a person within Bt who cliams to understand what I am complaining about but in reality is ineffectual in taking the matter further:  the result being nothing, no correctly effective 1571 service and everyone's time being wasted.  Clearly there is something quite fundamentally wrong here, but what it is, I have no idea.  Meanwhile, I can make and receive telephone calls normally, messages are left on the 1571 service, but no indication provided there are messages waiting for me.  Has anyone else with Bt experienced such an issue, and if so, what did you manage to do to overcome it, if in fact you were abe to.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: 1571 Service

Best bet here is to see if the forum moderators can help: Contact BT Care Team.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply, but about an hour ago I received a telephone call from Open Reach and they told me that as I had a "migrated" telephone number, it wasn't possible to offer me the full 1571 service, and for those not aware like me what that means, seems that as I was with TalkTalk before signing with Bt, Bt offered to keep my existing number for me, ie the number I had with TalkTalk, but in doing so, failed to advise me what that would mean in terms of a restricted service.  I'm pretty dissappointed to say the least, not because I do not have a full 1571 service which in itself is no serious matter, but the fact that Bt Sales failed in their responsibility to advise me fully what that meant.  I have raised a complaint and I have yet to see what they have to say.  It really is hard to follow that an organisation the size of Bt should be so lacking in giving advice, in failing to fully inform a new customer, or cynically, did they simply forget for some ulterior motive.  We shall see.  A pretty poor way to run a business.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Never heard that one, though there's at least one thread in this forum started by someone who couldn't get 1571 removed following a transfer from TalkTalk! Dear me.

I still think you would do well to ask the mods to have a look. Up to you.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

if talktalk haven't fully removed everything against your line then it could affect you 

i know when talktalk took over my line from onetel and i moved back to bt there were some issues and had to force talktalk to cancel services with them i was no longer using.

also you try deactivating and reactivating the bt 1571 service and if you have a mobile you could link it to that, so when you do have a message left you will receive a text message.

it may have all changed since then as it was many years ago this happened to me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion, I've contacted the Care Team

0 Ratings