cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
660 Views
Message 121 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

@ryant704 wrote:

I like giveaways! Am I eligible?


Sorry not this time, maybe @zagnome can share his findings with you once he is done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
659 Views
Message 122 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

@Ratty2012 wrote:

Sorry, it seems that links are too complicated for the people of this forum. You need to put your money where your mouth is. I'm offering free computer and networking equipment, if you think links are better than that then maybe computing is not for you.


Ah, that would be mighty convinient because you wouldn't have to prove a point. Sadly, we weren't born yesterday. Maybe you're unable to backup anything you say because it makes no sense. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
659 Views
Message 123 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution
I take it you haven't heard of Augustus De Morgan. How illogical.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
656 Views
Message 124 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

I've got a spare hard drive if you do need to back things up!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
650 Views
Message 125 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

@ryant704 wrote:

I've got a spare hard drive if you do need to back things up!


LOL, I like that joke 🙂 Don't worry I have plenty of hard drives and NAS drives and SSD drives. In fact I have a nice 6 bedroom house full of computer equipment thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
637 Views
Message 126 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

I do my best to entertain myself in a moment of boredom, only 4 mins to go!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
602 Views
Message 127 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

Putting theory to one side 🙂

 

I wired my house for Ethernet over the past 5 years, mixture of CAT5 & CAT6 with in the region of 12 devices hardwired.

 

Everything connects to a Netgear ProSafe switch

 

Not all device support Gbit Ethernet but most do.

 

No cable length is over 25m

 

Of those devices capable of supporting Gbit Ethernet I notice no difference in performance over the length of cables I have run around the house when pulling files off my NAS.

 

That should get thread moving again 🙂

 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
596 Views
Message 128 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

@G4HLF wrote:

Putting theory to one side 🙂

 

I wired my house for Ethernet over the past 5 years, mixture of CAT5 & CAT6 with in the region of 12 devices hardwired.

 

Everything connects to a Netgear ProSafe switch

 

Not all device support Gbit Ethernet but most do.

 

No cable length is over 25m

 

Of those devices capable of supporting Gbit Ethernet I notice no difference in performance over the length of cables I have run around the house when pulling files off my NAS.

 

That should get thread moving again 🙂

 


What speed do you get from your NAS?

 

Note: Most NAS devices can't transfer at speeds that are high enough for gigabit transfers, if your NAS can transfer above 80MB/s then you will see a difference. Trust me it's a big difference.

 

If you swapped all your Cat5 cables to Cat6, then you will see a difference, no good having a mix. The most important thing is that you have Cat6 connected to the NAS, otherwise you will have a bottleneck with your transfer speeds.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
574 Views
Message 129 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

@G4HLF wrote:

 

Of those devices capable of supporting Gbit Ethernet I notice no difference in performance over the length of cables I have run around the house when pulling files off my NAS.

 


All the evidence points to this. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
570 Views
Message 130 of 140

Re: 160Mb not getting full speed when using router

Go to solution

@zagnome wrote:

@G4HLF wrote:

 

Of those devices capable of supporting Gbit Ethernet I notice no difference in performance over the length of cables I have run around the house when pulling files off my NAS.

 


All the evidence points to this. 🙂


He has not posted any evidence, just a statement, I have offered to show you evidence, but you ran away, I wonder why.

0 Ratings