cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

18 months of Hell with BT Cloud

For the last 18 months I have had an ongoing problem upload several m2ts video & Outlook PST files from my laptop to BT cloud.  The situation is made worse by

• The BT cloud computer programme just concentrates on repeatable trying to download these files to the detriment of all the other files that should be backed up. I now have about 200GB of other files that are still not backed up.
  • My laptop is very unresponsive when I allow BT cloud to try to up load file as it hogs the resources.
  • Each time I log into BT cloud online, it seems to treat me as a new customer and I get greet with the agreement statement and a tour of the site
  • I keep getting passed  to someone new and have to start again explaining the problem
  • They keep ‘closing’ the complaint without my agreement or knowledge. But never solving the issue.
  • They don’t listen or return calls on agreed dates & times
  • They keep asking the same questions and actions
  • Many times I have been on the phone for one hour while they mess around on my laptop, don’t talk for sometimes 15 minutes, don’t  tell me what is going on and do things without my permission, such as deleting uploaded files and closing off the fault
  • They keep saying it is with the 3 line of technical support and they need another application log or the next update will resolve the problem but it never does!

I am now been totally ignored. I have tried emailing them, logging new complaint messages asking to be informed to what is happening but despite a promise someone will contact me within 72 hours, no one does.

Where do I go from here to resolve my issue?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: 18 months of Hell with BT Cloud

BT Cloud has definitly got better but if you ask me online storage from other providers is cheap enough that it's still not worth the hassle for most people.

I find Gdrive a lot easier to understand ( and photos can be backed up with out using your space up, I have 100GB uploaded onto my 15GB I get for free) There is obviously something wrong with the Mac app as well, it just doesn't work.

Sorry if not supposed to discuss other providers here but BT could do a lot worse than teaming up with one of the more established providers like they did with Email

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

thanks for tip 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi, Are the PST files in use when trying to be backed up ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

No 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

How large are the PST files ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Sorry but how do you find out the size of the files?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

ouple of ways to do it. Quickets is if you know ehere the file is located. Right click it and select properties. Should tell you the size in there.

https://www.lifewire.com/check-outlook-folder-sizes-1173675

just as an aside. You dont have outlook open, or use outlook for a short period of time when the backup is running do you ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I have tried uploading the files both with outlook closed and open. No difference. The trouble is I have over 200 go of other files that can’t be downloaded as it keeps trying to load the video files first and I am not sure if any fixes have resolved the issue. I am messaging via my ipad so will not be able to post file sizes until early next week. Thanks for taking the trouble to at least offer some guidance

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

You can exclude these files from backup, so the other files are backed up. You just need to manage better how they are stored.

0 Ratings