cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srogers
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

1st line Exchange only - if I get a second line...

Apparently my existing line is EO and so I won't be getting Infinity for the foreseeable future on that.

However, seeing as I have neighbours (within a couple of houses) that do have FTTC, I was wondering on the possibility/likelihood of requesting a new 2nd line, and asking for it to be connected to a cabinet so it is eligible for FTTC..

Anyone heard of anything like this?  Or is more along the lines that due to my existing EO line, any new one would also *have* to be EO..

If someone can indicate who I should be contacting for this very specific technical question (I tried the online chat to India, but the minute I went off script they had no clue what I was talking about and essentially stopped responding) then that would be great..

Thanks, 

srogers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: 1st line Exchange only - if I get a second line...

What does the address checker say about your line, and your neighbour's? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addressOutput
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
montesansavino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Join the club on this one. As far as I can see BT retail don't really understand the problem and BT wholesale are not intending to do anything about it in the near future. If Virgin Media are not available you are stuck.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Openreach are working on solutions to EO lines, either by moving lines across to the nearest PCP by re-arraning cabling and jointing. There are also solutions where the erect a DSLAM just outside the exchange.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
montesansavino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

If you say so, maybe but it is impossible to find any information and the words "they are working on it" don't inspire much confidence.
0 Ratings
stuart1982
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

join the club here my line come from the Exchange so at the moment  stuck but hope things change

0 Ratings