cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 984

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution
ABSOLUTELY the firmware update.

Epson 830 and 8600 printers both went down same day and had previously worked fine - whole new issue arises and still not fixed. Will ONLY work if I disable 5Ghz.

Absolute mess, thanks so much BT for ruining my previous hassle-free setup.

So next stage is.... who and when will it be fixed? if you need any more info please let DM me. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 162 of 984

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO please can you add me to the list. Days of hassle and now find out it's a hub update that's downed my previously perfect epson wifi printing setup. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 163 of 984

Go to solution

@lifeonmars 

Yep. That's the one I've got now. So I guess I'll just leave my SH2 on the 2.4GHz setting for now to avoid any hassle. But it does also mean that I (like many others here) have not been able to use the full speed for their service, and we'll have to wait for another firmware update.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 984

Go to solution

Following. Have same problem. Can only print from the laptop which is on the same frequency as the printer. Most of the time we can’t print from phones or tablets or other computers as they are on a different frequency, even though they are all connected to the SH2. It’s really frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 984

Go to solution

@JohnC2

Please would you kindly private message me too? I'm very interested in seeing how I can overcome this problem and move away from the workaround of having to switch off the 5GHz band on the SH2 to get things working, and also move away from not being able to use the 500Mb download that I'm subscribed to. I have a SH1 sitting around disconnected, but this doesn't seem to be able to perform downloads faster than 250Mb.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 984

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I've sent a PM to the community members who have posted over the last day a private message so they can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to pass the details over to our Hub experts.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 167 of 984

Go to solution

Hi all - Glad I found this thread, Been pulling my hair out this week trying to understand why my printer and homepod, various homekit devices etc were playing up. Printer was seen on the network but not even able to ping it through terminal. Had a feeling it was router based problem and as expected, disabled the 5G channel and all was well again - although now my 5G devices are struggling and my online gaming with Gforcenow doesn't work on 2.4G 😞

Please can we have an option to rollback the firmware.

Might just bite the bullet and replace the superhub with an aftermarket router... been putting it off for a while but bound to be the best option.

0 Ratings
Message 168 of 984

Go to solution

Hi @richtomlin  welcome to the forum and sorry you are having an issue with the hub. I've sent you a Private Message so you can contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to look into this issue for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 984

Go to solution

Hi All,

Same as everyone else on here. 5ghz band has been separated internally from the 2.4ghz band. 

Can’t see the 2.4ghz devices from a 5ghz connected device if they only connect internally.

Very frustrating.  Surely BT must be able to fix this quickly!

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 984

Go to solution

@Bungle64  - BT have responded to the individuals in the thread and are looking at it. Personally I think rolling back the firmware should be an urgent priority. Can you imagine the amount of people around the country now that are tearing their hair out because various devices aren't working, printers etc, but have no knowledge of networking at all e.g. how to ping a device or even what 2.4g - 5g is, buying replacement devices in the hope things just start to work again.