cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 771 of 984

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

I Received the new update a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly. However, overnight my SH2 has rebooted and now Iam back to square one. My speakers no longer even connect to the hub let alone being unable to connect via my IPad.

it’s obvious this upgrade doesn’t work correctly so would be grateful for any assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 772 of 984

Go to solution

Hi @Alan24 I'm really sorry to see you're still experiencing issues with your Hub.  I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. We'll be happy to raise this with our Hub team and help in any way we can.

You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 773 of 984

Go to solution

Some bloke from BT called my mobile 2 days ago asking me to plug my BT HUB 2 back in for a few days sorry I'm not using your rubbish equipment anymore. Happy with my 3rd party equipment now. 

Message 774 of 984

Go to solution

I've  been strugģling for the past couple of weeks and even got a replacement sh2 but it does seem that the upgrade to the 4227 release has caused a lot of problems.  I've  given up and bought a third party router which has solved it for me.

Even better I can now separate 2.4 and 5ghz channels.

Message 775 of 984

Go to solution

Hi I want to split my wif so I can use smart lights on 2.4 but 5g for everything else. Can you please send me details of relevant firmware update?

Thank You

N Narat

0 Ratings
Message 776 of 984

Go to solution

AFAIK there is no firmware update for the SH2 that allows you to split the bands  - you'll note that I have bought a third party roter which does splitting. 

Message 777 of 984

Go to solution

got around this SH2 firmware mess by running Cat5e cable from the SH2 to the Sky Q box and to two of the black wifi discs

not ideal, I am now reconsidering whether to continue with the Complete WiFi setup

0 Ratings
Message 778 of 984

Go to solution

I have SKY Q and SH" and have no problems connecting my SKY Q and 3 mini boxes wireless to hub.  did you change the 5ghz hub network from auto to a fixed band and not 36 as that is used by main SKY Q box

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 779 of 984

Go to solution

That's why I would not let them "upgrade" from my Hub 6.

@matelodavewrote:

AFAIK there is no firmware update for the SH2 that allows you to split the bands  - you'll note that I have bought a third party roter which does splitting. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
Message 780 of 984

Go to solution

Sky Q and SH2 5Gz are on seperate fixed channels. 36 and 48.

Smart Setup on SH2 also turned off

Cat5e cable was installed by myslf as a backbone many years ago for security.

0 Ratings