cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

2 Ethernet plugs for the BT Infinity package is not enough

I went for the full BT package including Phone, Infinity Broadband and BT Vision. The pack came supplied with two white ethernet plugs. The plugs were used on the BT Vision and the Hub itself. The ethernet plugs improve your connection and you can plug your connection directly using an ethernet cable. 

My wireless connection downstairs is fine but is very weak upstairs. I work from home sometimes so you can imagine this is quite annoying. I had a wireless connector but upgraded to the TP-LINK which I bought from the BT Shop. 

My connection however keeps on going down especially when using webmail or even this. The connection dropped 4 times when typing this. I then have to enter my password each time.

I emailed BT twice. First time they sent me the filter which is not used with BT Infinity. The next time I got the help desk in India and they told me I would have to buy the ethernet plug seperate. They wouldn't budge on this stance. The plug costs around 50 pounds.

Why on earth aren't three plugs supplied especially when you need one for the hub and one for the Vision. Very annoying and frustrated with BT at the minute.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: 2 Ethernet plugs for the BT Infinity package is not enough

Bt vision does not need a lot of bandwidth..................hence the cheap adaptors.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

You don't get the plugs for BT Infinity, they're only provided to Vision customers so that you can have the hub and vision box in separate locations.

If you order Infinity as a standalone service, you don't get them.

If you want more, buy them yourself.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

You in a mood today Webby?

luv you...buy. lol.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@virgin please stop the negative posts this is a friendly constructive forum if you are having problems with your BT service the please start a post of your own and the community members will help you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

What negative posts John?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

This is an example "Talk Talk have a better router, more reliable,"

enough now said on the subject

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

There is nothing to stop you running an Ethernet cable from your home hub to the BT Vision box, and using the powerline adapters for your other connection.

0 Ratings