cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

2 Phone Lines, 1 Active, 1 Inactive. Help

Hi there,

On the 22/12/12 I ordered for my grandmother that lives in the same property as me now a phone package with line rental for the property I live in. Now I live in an old farmhouse with 2 phone lines connected. One which is my personal phone line which I have rent through Sky with my TV package. Now she wants to go with BT as she has always used them. She called in a BT openreach engineer through BT and he was here on the 21st to look over my property etc and concluded that there was a working 2nd phone line connected to my house which has been switched off at my local exchange and to place an order for the second line and it would be activated. So I ordered on the 22/12/12 for her Anytime Calls package and line rental adding a note afterwards to BT that my order is for the second phone line and not for my current 1st phone line which I am using my sky package for. I rang to confirm today 24/12/12 to BT customer service who said they'd received the message etc and that it was all set to be activated on the 10/1/13. I thought brilliant, all good to go. I checked today on my Sky account to see that my Sky Talk would be cancelled on the 10/12/12 and that the order to do so was received on the 22/12/12 which was when I placed the order. Now I'm not sure if the guy on the end of the phone when I rang today misunderstood me or what, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Sky have advised me to talk to BT which I am going to just are there any better number to call to reach a non-offshore call centre where they are actually knowledgeable and able to change my service, because sky will also charge me a termination fee all due to BT's mistake.

Any help or advice on how to go about this, or weather I was meant to go about ordering the 2nd line to be reactivated any other way.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: 2 Phone Lines, 1 Active, 1 Inactive. Help

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you would like to try Live Chat they may be able to help you.

If they cannot, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings