Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

2 lines. BT disconnected one?

Hi all

I moved to a new property and had in june a tel line installed by BT.The sole use of this line is the connection to a monitored alarm service

Latst week, a second line (for tel, broadband and TBT TV) was installed. However. The BT engineer cut the connection of the first line

I contacted BT, today the engineer returned, reconnected the first line BUT he disconnected the second one as he said he was instructed only the reconnect line 1 and I can only have one line!?!

Onto BT again who said they will send an "underground engineer" and it only requires external work. I don't think so, as I am 100% he needs access to the house

I am not a happy bunny as I don't know how long this will go on, having lost many hours chatting to BT and losing working time

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: 2 lines. BT disconnected one?

@hellothere19 Sorry about that, it sounds link Openreach need to do some cabling work to get the second line to your home. This may need an underground engineer first and then another appointment to get your socket connected.  

We'll be happy to take a look at this to find out what's happening if you send us over your details using the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Neil 

thanks for your reply, I have pm'd you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@hellothere19 wrote:

Hi Neil 

thanks for your reply, I have pm'd you

Mods don't reply to PMs. You need to click on the 'Contact the mods' link that Neil will have made visible to you and complete the form. I notice you are posting from a mobile, you will need to use the full site to be able to see the link.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi 

I have replied through the method Neil advised. I just called it pm on here, sorry for the confusion 

i posted from my iPad. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Well, the problem is not sorted! 

An engineer came in on  Monday to conclude they need acces to the telephone pole the other side of the street. BT Openreach need a van wiht a hoist for this job. The engineer made note of that and told me that it is my responsibility to keep the road free from parked cars (!?) so when the van comes, they can have acces. (road is full of parked cars all the time)All week I parked on the road to make sure there is a space for the van. This was a huge nuisance to me as I couldnt use my car too worried that the space might be gone when i n return.

Today the engineer came wiht no hoist!!! He said he wasn't aware we needed one. This is the third half day I take un paid leave from work and again it is NOT sorted. He said BT didn't inform Openrach of this but the Openreach engineer on Monday did communicate we need a hoist on the next visit

I need to reschedule again, but what's the point as Openreach might again not be informed we need a hoist?

I didnt have broadband, tv etc since 21/7! A extremely disappointed customer!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

The engineers can sometimes be reluctant to do their job and climb the pole themselves. Have a look at the pole, unless it has a red D marked on it, its usually climbable by engineers who wouldn't need a hoist to come out and do it for them.
0 Ratings