cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP2
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

2 years of 'connection timeouts'

For 2 years our BT broadband has been intermittently cutting out With 'connection timeout messages' (laptop, ipad and iphone). Often the signal appears to be detected at full strength, but the pages won't load & all of the lights are always blue on the router. This usually resolves by re-setting the router. 

This is becoming really irritating - it seems to happen more frequently at busy times. I have lost track of how many times I've spoken to BT. They've tried changing the channel, but that hasn't helped.

I've not experienced this problem with any previous Internet providers & from a brief look through this forum it seems to be a common problem.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: 2 years of 'connection timeouts'

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
CP2
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I've just tried to download a summary of the ASDL statistics as per the guidance.  However, I don't seem to be able to change the password of my router - I have put in the correct password that's on the back of the router, but it keeps saying it's not recognised.  We have had at least 2 BT engineers to our flat last year who I guess may have changed the password?  At the moment I don't seem to be able to get past this!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

if that is the case try a factory reset of the hub it will then set the password to the defaults there is no reason for the engineers to change passwords
0 Ratings
CP2
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Ok, thanks - that seemed to work.

Broadband.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

your problem sounds more like a wireless problem this link may help you http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/wirelessmenu.html
0 Ratings
CP2
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I've read through the wireless guidance - none of it seems to really be relevant to my problem as far as I can tell. The router has already been replaced once, I have already changed channels numerous times, and there has never been a problem with connecting to the wireless & the signal strength is not lost. As I said in the original post, there is usually full strength signal, all lights on the router are blue, but pages won't load.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

have you tried downloading inSSIDer 2 and using the programme to find a clear channel as just moving channels randomly may not resolve the problem
0 Ratings