cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

2 years with a phone fault?? Try 11 years and only 1 mile from the Fibre link...

For years we in the village have had an issue with line/ADSL quality and many have long since given up reporting the issue. However, it started to get so bad recently that only 3 times out of 10 I would get dial tone (lets not even go near ADSL) and so I called the fault line. An engineer was sent out and he "repaired" the fault at the Cab. It was a "fix" until the Cab is upgraded and I quote "the patch panel is corroded."

The fault naturally wasn't fixed and again the line degraded and another engineer was dispatched. This time when at the Cab, there was another engineer there working on a similar fault. Apparently a Trouble ticket was raised with Open Reach to replace the Cab (issued in October 2014) and still not done. This time our line was disconnected from the patch pannel and joined together in the hope it would improve things.  The line still isn't great and we do get regular drop outs. On the 21/2 this year I called fault line again. The line was so bad he had to call my mobile.  I explained the Cab is faulty, I was told someone would go look. I heard nothing, and on the 28/2 I called again. This time I was told that there was no fault before, the line was checked and it was fine. I explained the issue and again nothing happened. I called in March and was told it was all fine. This was the last straw so I started my claim for compensation. I have been called by complaints twice in the last week to be told that it's "ongoing." This morning I was called, the first time the line was so bad she couldn't hear me and called again. When I eventually spoke to the lady from complaints I was told that I was "disputing the charge for no fault found" and I was looking to have my line rental refunded!!

I have worked in Telco for 20 years so I know Cabs, Fibre etc... I also know Call Centres & CRM... you'd think the people in India would have been trained/bothered to read the SalesForce previous contact info wouldn't you? Talk about going round in circles and no... I'm not "after a refund on my line rental," the only way BT will bother to get in touch with OpenReach (yes I did call OpenReach too as I have friends there and no BT hasn't bothered since October 2014) is to ensure every day that ticks by, you get charged as per the CSA which is not just line rental, until you finally fix the problem... I should work out how long it would take before we in the village own BT due to the compensation owed... lol

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2 years with a phone fault?? Try 11 years and only 1 mile from the Fibre link...

Oh I guess I should also add... the last lady from the "Complaints Department" hung up on me when she refused to put me through to a supervisor... wow... what a perfect department for her to work in! I have John Cleese in my head "I wish to register a complaint!! This phoneline what I purchased 11 years ago is dead...."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: 2 years with a phone fault?? Try 11 years and only 1 mile from the Fibre link...

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi PaulNewbury,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had in getting the fault repaired. I'd like to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings