cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xenoborg007
Message 1 of 110

20/04/2011 World of Warcraft throttling

Either one or more of the following ports are now being throttled by BT as of tonight 9 pm ish

3724 TCP 6112 TCP 6881-6999 TCP

Every single BT user i know that plays wow is having the same issues and wow's forums themselves are ablase with posts of this very issue.

Is this another casualty of your completely **bleep** p2p throttling program.

109 REPLIES 109
Mattrogusmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 110

Re: 20/04/2011 World of Warcraft throttling

I've been upgraded to BT Infinity today - I paid a lot of money for this service - and the same day, the one and only game I play online has been made useless with this new throttling.

I feel that I've been miss-sold this product as unlimited internet.

0 Ratings
Mattrogusmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 110

BT Infinity Throtling World of Warcraft

Forum - I've had BT Infinity installed this afternoon - I log into the one game I play online (World of Warcraft) only to find it is unplayable due to apparent BT throttling of WoW traffic.

Is this true? In which case how can you justify this new expensive product as Unlimited Internet?

A very concerned new customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sil3nt2
Beginner
Message 4 of 110

also one of the many WoW users experiencing this problem. If it is going to BT's policy to throttle warcrfat traffic i think you will be losing alot of cutomers myself being one of them. Link to wow technical support forums where prob close to 50 or so BT users all reporting the problem http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874936/ Please sort this out BT.
0 Ratings
scopeh
Beginner
Message 5 of 110

I am also on BT Infinity, i  have the top package on this server i play wow alot and the reason i got this package was to high end raid.

If this is not resolved by tomorrow evening, bt will have lost a customer.

0 Ratings
ge1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 110

Re: BT Infinity Throtling World of Warcraft

We've had Infinity for 3 weeks and until this evening it's been fine.

But tonight we've had the same problems, despite (as mentioned in the post below) asking a direct and specific question to BT about their traffic-shaping policies only a few weeks ago.  Their answer 'we never shape P2P traffic' was the key reason for changing to BT.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-and-online-gaming-has-BT-changed-traffic-shaping/...

Let's hope it's a temporary glitch; otherwise we'll be cancelling and using proof of the information supplied by BT to reclaim setup costs.  Judging from the internet gaming forums I've looked at tonight, we won't be the only ones.

0 Ratings
Skroob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 110

I want to add that I am also experiencing this problem with World of Warcraft. 

I also am with a BT Infinity package..   my uber fast speed is not so hot at the moment.. you know.. the whole selling point??

0 Ratings
UnhappyWow
Beginner
Message 8 of 110

Really this is beyond a joke. I can get a better ping playing on a mobile phone than I do with BT, plus I don't have to pay line rental.

Please tell us that it isn't a permanent "Fix", else you'll lose a lot of customers. I've heard other gamers also having trouble with BT connections recently (Rift is a prime example)

Mattrogusmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 110

Thanks for the link to their shaping policy - I've been with BT Internet for years and had no problem - the DAY I pay for an upgrade to infinity this starts to happen.

A great shame for the three gamers in my household!

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 10 of 110

My connection has been a fair bit slower tonight, has been pretty much full speed since i've had it too.

0 Ratings