cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToeKnee
Message 101 of 110

Re: 20/04/2011 World of Warcraft throttling

8th May -- WoW has gone totally to pot. The Blizz forums are full of irate BT Infinity Customers.

Just as an aside -- My configured Download Speed is 38Meg.  My actual Download Speed (according to speedtest.bt.com) is only 4Meg ???  Go figure Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jdowning640
Contributor
Message 102 of 110

Most of them are Virgin's ADSL customers and they use BT's backhaul network.

0 Ratings
faxfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 110

0 Ratings
faxfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 110

Hopefully this should be visible...

I have Infinity installed at the weekend and just check wow, gone from 30ms maximum with my previous ADSL provider to a minimum of 50ms with Infinity.

I'll see how raiding goes, but if there is a problem I shall be cancelling. As for BT saying there isn't an issue... jog on.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 110

Hi Guys

There is a new thread on this which we are investigating please see:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/World-of-Warcraft-throttling-again-this-evenin...

@ToeKnee drop us an email using the contact us form in my profile in the about me section, we can look into your speed issues.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
faxfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 110

Well that was awful, 200ms+ continual lag (had 30ms max on ADSL) and disconnections every 15 mins or less. Think I'll be cancelling...

0 Ratings
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 110

I have recently moved house, almost two weeks ago now. Since moving and playing World of Warcraft or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on my pc i experience Lag spikes lasting around 3-5 seconds long every these happen on a very rgular basis every couple of minutes.

I first thought it may be the pc's fault, so i ran a disk defragment and deleted everything apart from the core programs i need on my computer. After trying this no success. I also tried restarting the router a few times and this does not resolve the lag spikes. It is not just spikes that are the problem with the connection either i also experience disconnects and quite extreme changes in download speeds.

I am not on wireless i am using a wired broadband connection. Today i receieved a speed booster i purchased from BT in the hope it may resolve my poor connection and lag spikes when playing games, but no joy. I often run speed tests and the download speed varies from around 2-3 meg up to 5-6 meg here. At our old house i was on BT broadband as well but the connection was fine for games and generally stable but the download was never higher than 2 megs. I have tried latency fixing programs and such thinking it may be problems from the Games end but i am now certain the poor connection/spikes is from BT's side. All advice would be welcomed please as this is very frustrating. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 110

Hi Dunners

Welcome to the community.

Sounds a bit like a broadband issue more than a Warcraft/COD issue.

Send us an email using the contact us link in my profile, you can copy the address for this link from the section 'About Me'.

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 109 of 110

@faxfan wrote:

Well that was awful, 200ms+ continual lag (had 30ms max on ADSL) and disconnections every 15 mins or less. Think I'll be cancelling...

have you done trace routes to your wow server as at the monet lots of people are complaining from several ISP's.

Telia are very good at blaming everybody else for their shortcomings and take ages to resolve a problem.

Virgin Users have had issues since launch and they are still not fixed by Telia.

0 Ratings
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 110

Thank you Stuart,

Yes i believe the problem lies with the BT broadband entirely,

I have sent you an email using the link from your profile.

I hope you can fix the issue soon, as the WoW arena season is soon over and i have had this problem for 2 weeks 😞

Many Thanks.

0 Ratings