cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diazlol
Message 11 of 110

Re: 20/04/2011 World of Warcraft throttling

Eww, going for realm first Nefy 25M....

This is a disgrace BT, of all MMO's to screw over you choose the biggest? epic **bleep** 2 you my friend.

Why ignore other games that I just tried including, but not restricted to; Call of Duty 1 through 3, CS:S, Xbox LIVE

really though, pl0x giefs low ping 😄

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 110

Re: BT Infinity Throtling World of Warcraft

Funny this topic should come up tonight, i have had infinity for nearly 2 weeks and played wow fine up until tonight with low latency.

During a raid this evening it shot up to 2k when my vent ping was 20ish and so was a speedtest.

Is it just maybe a prob on blizzards end and coincidental a few people are having issues (i am on silvermoon realm) or indeed what the OP implies?

Some clarification here would be very much appreciated as i am not going to be happy either if it is BT's end!

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
scopeh
Beginner
Message 13 of 110

There is a fix to throttling ports, ALL throttling ports, including WOW, Rift, and everything else that is throttled.

Get a decent VPN service, its a fix but if it have to pay for a VPN service whilst paying for BT infinity, Ill be moving ISP.

0 Ratings
Diazlol
Message 14 of 110

sorry for double post but please gt one of your mods to look at this?

ALSO: Ive heard this is a fix whilst they implement infinity

DOUBLE EDIT: Just remembered; it's 4/20 let them sober up first lol

0 Ratings
scopeh
Beginner
Message 15 of 110

Im raiding now, using a swedish VPN, but i shouldn't have to. Not whilst im paying 63 quid per month for a service.

Ill just move the whole lot line rental and bb to sky.

0 Ratings
ge1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 110

iPHAiLZ

I'm convinced it's BT and here's why   - some of this will probably sound familiar to you 😉 

I was in a WoW Raid with several friends, we were using Teamspeak (no problems).

3 of us (all on BT) starting getting massive lag spikes; and some disconnects.

I was unable to get back into the game for 10m (stuck on loading screen, then back to login).

During this time I did some tests and was getting 18ms pings to servers 100 miles away and an average of 30-35mbps download speeds - the internet connection itself was obviously fine.

One of the people in the group is a personal friend of mine - he is also on BT and was also getting serious problems. But fortunately (due to his job); he actually has the option of switching from BT to Orange internet.

He logged off for 5 minutes; and then came back (on Orange) with a steady ping of 45-65ms.

That, and the huge number of issues reported by people using BT on the BattleNet forums is enough to convince me it's a problem at BT's end - let's hope they get it sorted (I'm a recent Infinity subscriber, so thankfully have about a week to see what happens before deciding whether or not to cancel and move on).

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 110

Lets just hope BT realise that a game that has 12 million subscribers (no idea of the UK number but will be a lot) will leave a huge mess in their public relations dept if it isn't fixed soon.

I'll stay optimistic for now with the view that BT will have to be incredibly stupid to ignore or not fix this issue, if it is indeed their "traffic shaping" policy.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 110

Not good BT. Sort it out!

Don't think the Call Centre staff in India can help us with this one (at this hour) =(

Back to trying again tomorrow....if not:

(1) Quit WoW

or

(2) Quit BT

>_> Don't make me choose

Emperorflydd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 110

Seeeeeeeeeeeriously sort this out or im changing ISP no questions.

Been with bt for over 4 years and this is just retarded.

0 Ratings
Diazlol
Message 20 of 110

Is it a free VPN? Could you link please or name atleast, it'd really help
0 Ratings