cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 81 of 110

Re: 20/04/2011 World of Warcraft throttling

Hi All

Just want to point you to my update on this thread.  We've been looking at this today and will continue to monitor into this evening.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

ubernoobza
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 110

Thanks for the reply, which in my opinion sounds like it may have been made simply in an attempt to let us think something is being done. At least you have made the effort to read this forum and post something.

"We have also been checking for packet loss and any traffic drops" - no-one has said anything about packet loss. Everyone reporting this issue has said it is only on WoW that the LATENCY shoots up.

"we have checked with known Gamers on WOW and they currently report no issues across a number of realms using different toons, in fact they report good ping times with little lag" - um yes, it is the middle of the day. It is not 'peak times' when BT DOES throttle. My poing is 23ms at the moment in wow. Last night it was 4500ms and completely unplayable. Idling in a quiet part of the world, with no updates from the game server really, it was sitting at 2500ms to 3000ms (still unplayable)

"We will continue network surveillance with specific focus on latency intolerant application." - well then you will need to focus on ALL online games, whether MMO, Strategy, FPS etc as they are all 'latency intolerant'

Please note that a lot of us actually DO know what we are talking about and do know the difference between packet loss, latency and throttling. And please ask the people at account enquiries to not simply say 'there seems to be no issue on your line and we really would like you to not cancel your account so can we offer you a cheaper broadband'. I got that from 3 separate people today when querying about cancelling and getting a MAC code. I am not complaining about the price people....I am complaining about suddenly not being able to do on this line what I have been able to do since I got it over 2 years ago. So yes, something has changed on Wednesday, and it is NOT Blizzard, and it is NOT Trion.

Skroob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 110

24 hours now and still can't log on 😞  rest of the internet is fine... can surf/download/play other mmo's (Guildwars), its just WoW thats the problem 😞

0 Ratings
ge1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 110

I won't repeat the same things again; suffice to say I agree 100% with the post by Ubernoobza above this one; it is completely true and accurate.

Sort it out or say bye bye BT.
0 Ratings
Message 85 of 110

Hi all

I had to register just get my word in. and register my disgust.

On top of most of the stress filled dealings I have with BT they now go and throttle bandwidth and do the usual "we will look at it" type of response, I imagine this will "fix itself" in a few days/weeks time and they will still say "how odd, we didnt make any changes"

This sucks big time, I was considering moving away , the only thing thats stopped me is that I hear most other ISP's are just as bad if not worse, Ive had a BT line now for 16 years, I still dont know why I havent moved away sooner.

Anyway I apologise for the rant and not very useful post but it made me feel a little bit better.

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 86 of 110

Hi All

Thanks for the posts.  As mentioned earlier we have been monitoring this and have seen no indications of a wider problem.  If you're still having issues we'd like to take a look at your individual connections to make sure all working as it should.  Please can you send us your details and we'll take a look.  Please send details via the link in the 'About Me' section of my profile that says 'how to contact the mods'.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
ubernoobza
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 110

I for one will say that tonight I do not seem to be having this issue. My latency in WoW and Rift are stable. I half expected it to 'just fix itself' as if nothing happened though. So, if the (non existant) issue is indeed fixed, then thanks to the (virtual) techies who fixed it.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 110

I am still experiencing this, The wife is also whilst playing Rift.

ITs NOT fixed its the same as last night.

0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 89 of 110

0 Ratings
avent
Beginner
Message 90 of 110

I got the exact same as "ubernoobza "

This is not fixed. My Latency for myself, and fellow raiders are still through the roof.

For a company that supposivly prides itself on fast reliable internet, you are failing miserable.

thanks for nothing BT.

0 Ratings