Looking for some help re. Speed update from mods/anyone. Have seen similar comments here previously.
HH2, Win 7, Option1, BT Talk, Vision, Phone Anytime.
Began update to up to 20 meg on 17/02/2001.
Since then my hub has dropped the connection very frequently. Usually once a day, sometime it will hold for two days. Previously there were few/no disconnections and I got 5/6 meg download. Now I get 5 or less.
I do have FON connected and it is used a lot by my neighbour but does not show as my usage. But wonder if this may be a clue to my problems.
Previously my noise was around 6 down and attenuation similar to now. Hub the problem I wonder? I have now tried resetting the Hub. Didn't want to cause problems!
Grateful for any help please.
Thought the training period was 10 days though. Was disconnected this am. If what you say is correct, and I can see the sense in what you say, I shall be in a worse position than I was before the update.
Wonder if the HH3 would improve the line problem. I had a good, steady sevice previously. Don't suppose I can go back :-)))
I have been with BT since the very early days -dial-up even. And yes I am getting on a bit!
Thanks for that.
I thought I would try leaving it be for another week and see what happens. At the moment I am worse off than before the update.
When I got vision I was one of the first and bought my box. Best part of £100. Its been very good - no complaints there. But when I got it it was engineer fitted. They came back several times and eventually moved my master socket from the entrance hall into the lounge, where the tv is, and fitted a socket which did away with the filters, and the hub fits directly into that socket. So I guess that that cuts out all outside influences. My phone fits into that socket and the hub phone into the hub,of course.
My connection rate changes more or less daily.
Thought I would update on progress (:-))
Upgraded to ADSL 2 17th Feb 2011.
Had one period of 5 days steady connection. Reconnects most days.
My speeds are usually less that before the upgrade. Several 10 day reset periods later!!
As mentioned above BT fitted socket with broad band and phone socket. No other connections.
Things were better before the improvemnt upgrade.
Here are my latest results. There seem to be some high errors - not sure why?
My noise margin has been down to 5. This is where is used to be before upgrade - with very few disconnections.
your noise margin is still abit high at 10 but your speed is about that shown on the kitz site for your attenuation.
I see that you have the master socket next to other electrical devices have you read this post for some other ideas
my master was very similar to yours and moving router a bit further away from lcd tv helped me
What I don't understand is my noise was steady grade about 5, now 10 or 11ish.
Disconnections a rarity now frequent.
Make me wonder if the new type hub might do the trick. Then I would lose my hub phone though.
Thanks for your reply and I will have a look ot the addie you gave.
it probably nothing to do with the hub/router. The noise problem is due to the upgrade to adsl2/2+ which is very aggressive on noise on your line far more so then adslmax. what was a good connection on up to 8mb will not necessarily be a good connection when upgraded to 21CN equipment.
All you need to do is search the forum regarding upgrade to see you are not alone