cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kernowtom
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: 20 meg update problems

Yes, I had noticed. Grin and bear it I suppose.

Nothing desperate  anyway.

Just silly that an "improvement" turns out to be the opposite. There must be very many people who live a relatively short distance from the exchange who are having the same result but not noticing. I am only 3/4 mile away as crow flies. I know drunken crow flying in circles!

Thanks again,

Noel

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

maybe only 3/4 mile as crow flies but your crow like mine must have been drunk when laying the cable as we are about 3.5km from the exchange by phone lineSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
kernowtom
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

New detail on speed test today.

Step 1:- Ensure your PC is connected to the Broadband line you wish to test.
Step 2:- Ensure your PC is directly connected to your modem/router via an Ethernet Connection (i.e. you are not connecting to the hub via a wireless network).
Step 3:- Close all other applications/browsers that may be running on your PC and stop any other downloads or any internet/voice applications.
Step 4:- Ensure that no other devices or people use the broadband connection/account that you wish to test during the duration of the speed test.

Please confirm that you have carried out the above steps. The line performance can be severely impacted by failure to comply with the above.

Must confess that I have always connected by wireless previously.

Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
4553 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 4553 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :6239 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1134 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 3.85:17.38:78.78 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
909 Kbps

0 Kbps1134 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 909 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1134 Kbps

This test was wired but has made no difference to profile or speed. Still below pre upgrade results.

Has the speed test changed for everyone or only those complaining with reduced speed after upgrade I wonder?

Certainly a lot of folk seem to be affected.

Cheers

Noel

0 Ratings