Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHS_Jon
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

21CN Network upgrade

Hi,

I have received the email from BT saying that our area has upgraded to 21CN. However, I see no improvement in my BB speed - it appears that I'm still on the 8meg BB (BT quote 17 meg on ADSL2+)

Router suggests that I've not been upgraded, based on stats (modulation) and reading other posts (see below).

Is this normal? Do I need to start a new contract? I thought BT always offered the fastest possible speed!

Thanks in advance

Jon

Homehub info:

Broadband connection details:
Downstream8,064 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

Uptime:8 days, 2:44:39
Modulation:G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 8,064
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]:251.96 / 4.03
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:9.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:8.5 / 24.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:28.0 / 9.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 16,458
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 761
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 615
Line Profile:Interleaved

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 21CN Network upgrade

you are as you said still on adslmax.

if you have read some of the forum posts similar to your own you will have read that the upgrade is done on a phased approach of some weeks but if you wait then there is no new contract required.

however it is possible to get upgraded quicker but then you need to agree a new contract.

I would also check some of the post using the search facility 'upgrade problems' just so you know the problems than can come with the 21CN upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DHS_Jon
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: 21CN Network upgrade

Thanks for the speedy reply. I guess I shall just have to wait then.

I must say, though, that I find it frustrating when the call centre say one thing when, in fact, it is the complete opposite that is the truth.

0 Ratings