cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylrod
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

21cn upgrade

hi iam nearing the end of my 10day stabiliastion period got upgraded a week past thur. was told at the time i upgraded i should achieve around 17mb. i only live 300meters from exchange, there is no cabnet or pole between us.  howver my sync speeds keep dropping every other day. i havent touched my modem once. this is my stats when i was 1st upgraded

ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 04:49:43
Downstream23,257 Kbps
Upstream1,219 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)4.8 dB / 6.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)14.4 dB / 6.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)34.6 dBm / 1.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)4537 / 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up)1882 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)3351 / 0

this is my stats now its **bleep** of a difference.

ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 days, 17:24:03
Downstream14,335 Kbps
Upstream864 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)8.5 dB / 17.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)13.5 dB / 6.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up)33.9 dBm / 1.3 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)13427 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)771 / 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up)24759 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)21 / 0

how can i get it back to what it was, there didnt appear to be any problems with dissconnects or anything

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: 21cn upgrade

Hi one thing comes immediately to my attention your noise margin has increased which will reduce your sync speed this is normally caused by disconnections causing resets to the hub providing the hub is left with no restarts the noise margin will drop and the speed will return as the exchange equipment sees the line as stable
0 Ratings
kylrod
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

hi thanks for the reply, i havent touched my hub at all jst left it to do its own thing. why would it dissconnect if it was working ok?  will it eventually go back to the way it was when it was 1st upgraded?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

the disconnections have been caused by line noise causing instability on your line left alone it will go back to normal just keep an eye on your hub up time if it keeps dropping then you will need to get the help of the board mods to sort out your line you can contact them at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
but leave the line for 5 days before contacting them to ensure it is stable then ask them to resets your noise margin to its 6db default
0 Ratings
kylrod
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

has been connected for jst over 2days now without disconnects but no sighn of the noise margin dropping how longdoes it take normally?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

as i said in my earlier post if after 5 days it has not dropped then contact the board mods and ask them to reset your noise margin this is the mail address http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Sorry to jump in on this post but the Exchange goes through a training period to find the most stable connection possible, once its tryied a few different varibles your line will sort its self out just takes time.

IceZaroth

BT Community Helper

0 Ratings