cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: 23 days and a third engineer visit!!

Boost engineer attended today; explained the series of problems and events and he set about doing his thang.  He confirmed that the service had been capped with a Max profile which is why 57% of the upstream sync has been lost.  He also said that he is recommending a tie pair modification.

Had a call from whatever desk is dealing with the fault in retail (Elizabeth) who advised that the service has not been capped; if that's the case then I have a fault that can never ever be closed!  Interleaving also seems to have been switched to auto.  Elizabeth advised that the engineer has closed the job, so I don't know what the TPM business was about, but I'd like to quote something that any BT person reading this should recognise "We work as one team".

So, Elizabeth has decided to bounce the case back to Priority Care because it's been open for so long - it has it's one month anniversary tomorrow.  Boing!!!

Still no response from CraigS on the forum moderation team.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 12 of 19

Hi MooJuice,

Craig PMd you earlier there but it hasn't been read yet, can you PM him your email address and he'll get in touch through that?

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

Thanks Stephanie.  Throughput issues on downstream have resurfaced now!

0 Ratings
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

Okay, had a sync event on Saturday morning @ 10am that restored the upstream sync though downstream throughput was still low and stayed that way over the weekend.

Another resync event this morning at 10am and at 1230, when I checked the connection the downstream throughput blistered along at about 6700 kb/s, Wholesale speedtester showing throughput of 7000kb/s and a bit!

By 1425 when I checked again the downstream throughput was and still is flaking at about 200kb/s to 1700kb/s, wholesale speedtester showing about 4000k.

Here are the DSL stats currently:

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 06:40:14
Downstream:7.93 Mbps
Upstream:1.09 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):7.4 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):34.3 dB / 19.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.3 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):850805 / 109
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):2586455 / 79
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):484667 / 143
0 Ratings
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed

2679 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 2679 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8119 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1115 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 9.71:24.89:65.42 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed

871 Kbps

0 Kbps1115 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 871 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1115 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

Lost all downstream at approximately 1920 this evening, hub still showing that it was happily in sync.

Called the technical helpdesk who dumped me in the queue for Priority Something Team (who were supposed to be giving me a callback today but didn't) and despite the extensive notes showing that the issue has been outstanding since the beginning of February, they've had me booting the other PC, rebooting the one that I was using and resetting the hub (AGAIN!).

Pinging 52.6.196.88 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 52.6.196.88:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 19

For anyone experienced, is it not time BT Openreach tried switching onto a better pair of copper, and try and improve the speed?

0 Ratings
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 19

They've already tried that at cabinet-side and exchange-side!

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

When you read this MooJuice can you post the router's line stats again to see whats happening now. and another speedtester pls

Kindest Regards

IceZaroth

BT Community Helper

0 Ratings