Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

230GB of BT Cloud backups gone

Go to solution

Hi, so I had 230GB of backups in my account and decided to login to the web interface to get some files and got this messages:

""We are processing your registration for BT Cloud. This should not take long.Once this has completed you will be able to backup, protect and share you most important photos and files.""

I clicked on "Login" and all my files had gone. The rep couldn't see my files either.

I've tried customer services. Let's leave it at that. 

Are there avenues on this forum that will have better luck? If my files are irretrievable, I'm more concerned to get my files deleted from the BT Cloud servers (if they are hanging around somewhere other than my account) than I am getting them back.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: 230GB of BT Cloud backups gone

Go to solution

OK, I bit the bullet and called back customer services. The issue has been "escalated" to "Level 2" support. Yeah, I know.

Anyway, the files are there - just not visible on the web interface.

Now, just need to get parental controls and web protect working as well, now.

0 Ratings
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
So the fault number I was given for this is the same as the fault number I was given for my Parental Controls issue. Is this normal?
0 Ratings
hobbes7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
OK, sorry to spam the forums, but I've fixed the issue. Re-installing the deskop client re-indexes the files, but doesn't re-upload them and they now appear in the web interface.
0 Ratings