cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

24 hours on, and still no emails

Looks like i'm in the same situation as other BT customers, my emails stopped approximately 24 hours ago.

I successfully changed my password yesterday (even though I can't see this being an issue)

I keep getting a prompt in Outlook to verify my user name and password, then when I chck the 'error log' in Outlook i'm getting an 'invalid user or password' error? Is this a regional problem? I live in the Greater Manchester area.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: 24 hours on, and still no emails

Same here, can't access it through BT website either.I'm in North Lincs

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Me too. No emails since Monday. I'm in North Devon.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Unbelievable and unacceptable! Come on BT get your finger out!Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Only a week !!!  I have been getting locked out of my E mail on average every week for the last 3 years, BT will make you dance through hoops to prove who you are, then if you are lucky they will fix it within 90 minutes of your phone call to India. They will then apologise and assure you it wont happen again, then they close the complaint.............Then WHEN it happens again you are back to square one. BT seriously has zero interest in customer care, I have put notices up in both my shops warning people not to rely on BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

SteveD3

If you have been getting locked out of your BT email address on average every week for the past three years why are you still using a BT email address. 

While you should not have to do this, if email is important to your business you should consider getting your own domain with email. It will give you a far better Service Level Agreement and you can keep that email address even if you leave BT.

If you don't want your own domain you could use one of the many email providers such as gmail.

While it may take a bit of time to transfer your email address and inform your contacts, would that not be easier than going through being locked out as often as you say you have.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Because ALL our family Subscriptions to BTTV, BT Broadband and BT phone lines are with BT and have been since we got married 40 years ago, and the E mail address from BT is the one our paperless bill and account controls goes to?

I have G mail and Hotmail as back ups, but I will pass on your suggestion that I take my business away from BT as you suggest and see what BT says when they get back to me next week.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

You don't actually pay for your email address so it would not be a loss to BT and if you read my post again you will see that I did not say to take your business away from BT.  I suggested using another email provider however if that not what you want to do that is entirely up to you. 

Changing email supplier does not necessitate leaving BT broadband. They are not inextricably linked. You can change everything you have mentioned to another email address, it does not need to be a BT one but again it's entirely your choice but I would have thought there comes a point when you should stop banging your head on the wall.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Hi GG well I may be wrong on this, but we have so many things in this house reliant on the BT E mail system like my sons University finance **bleep**, my wifes  University acess, my sons multiple paid up gaming subscriptions, our TV, Phone, BB etc, My own web pages, the moderator accounts I manage elsewhere and even my locked out E mail account 🙂  but we are even locked out of our MYBT account as well now so I cannot change anything.  Last time I phoned em I was on the phone 95 minutes and the E mail fix lasted 5 days but the MYBT account was locked out again within days.  It would be a NIGHTMARE to try and change em all. But I did set up alternatives on Hotmail and G mail for other stuff.

Lets be fair to BT they provide superb phone, BTTV, Broadband services but they simply refuse to even acknowledge their E mail service is just of the 1990s level of service, AND the EMAIL is NOT free its advertised as being part and parcel of their ultra fast BB package.

The best way forward for many people suffering from this fault would be to simply turn off the BTYAHOO security system and tell customers to buy and install their own systems. Thats what the probalem HAS to be mate, over sensitive security system at Yahoo.

Its crazy when you get told 1 Dont use Windows Office, Dont use Outlook Express, Dont use E mail apps on your Samsung phone, dont use BT to acess your BTyahoo E mail even when BT installs it on your PC  !!!!  Crazy.

BUT I am like a dog with a bone, if I keep getting told " We have now fixed the problem Sir it wont happen again" at least 6 times THIS YEAR ALONE  I get to eanting to kick someones official backside.

Steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

As I said, it will take time to change everything over but if you do change to a non ISP's email, along with it probably being a better service, it means that you are not tied to your ISP should you wish to move broadband providers.

The BT email system is classed as a "Value Added Product" which means it is not a separately paid for product so it is "free" as part of the package. While it is part of your package, because it is a Value Added Product it means that should anything go wrong with it the provider does not have to pay out compensation unlike if you were paying for it as a stand alone product. Because of that I suppose they could in theory stop providing it if they chose to do so.

The reason that you are told to stop using Outlook Express, which is an outdated email client, etc is because these products are not supplied by BT and they have no control over them or how they work. BT, along with other ISP email services are provided by webmail through a browser and as such that is all BT can support. 

You have said "even when BT installs it on your PC". What exactly have BT installed on your PC? You do not need any BT software to access your email via webmail or if you choose to use an email client. 

0 Ratings