cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikMikAndThriceMik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

25 minutes into a cancellation query and the phone disconnects.

More BT incompetence.

Here is Mukesh, who did put me through to the cancellation team.

"Mukesh: Michael  I have checked and I am sorry due to an error one of service is left as active on your account that's why the final bill is not generated and the amount not refunded but do not worry I need to call you on 07853xxxxxx and connect you with cancellation team to close it properly and then the final bill will be generate with the refund automatically into your account within next 7 days ?"

The cancellation team put me on hold for 20+ minutes and then the phone disconnected.

BT owes me £27.75 and I want it refunded ASAP.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
wb7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: 25 minutes into a cancellation query and the phone disconnects.

I hope you succeed in getting it sorted, but I'm curious about some details. Presumably you don't yet have a bill that shows you a credit for this amount? And that the amount is your own calculation, based on a subscription fee you've already paid for a period in which you aren't going to have service, yes?

Presumably you still have access to MyBT to look at your bills, and that's how you know the bill hasn't been generated - and it isn't an issue like it being lost in the post or something?

Do you have a way of calling BT for which you don't incur call charges? And did you have to select any menu options in order to get through to this cancellation team? I would suggest trying to use online text chat as well, if you haven't already.

Course, once you've actually *got* the bill that gives you the credit, it gets a lot easier to take up the matter externally if BT continue to drag their heels about paying you. This might sound silly to some - but if you spot that bill on MyBT, then make sure you save it and print it. You know, just in case you lose your access to MyBT for whatever reason later on.

Good luck.

0 Ratings
MikMikAndThriceMik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

No I didn't get it sorted. There is no final bill yet cos they haven't closed all of my account. That money shows as -£27.75.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 8

Hi @MikMikAndThriceMik and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there.s been problems getting the final bill out to you. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MikMikAndThriceMik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi DavidM:

Your enquiry reference number: 171218-******

Thanks.

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 6 of 8

Hi @MikMikAndThriceMik

Thanks for confirming that, we have your email and we will be in touch soon.

Stuart

0 Ratings
wb7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for clarifying - so the £27.75 figure is a net credit showing on your account.

Of course, if you have any accrued service usage since your most recent bill, then that might explain why BT are not giving you a refund for an account credit; I guess they will want to be able to offset it against the bill. Your refund will only be on any balance remaining thereafter.

But do you have your own estimate of how much you think that final bill is likely to be? Do you think it's likely to be less than your credit balance, or more than it?

If you think it's likely to be less, then I can see why you might be annoyed by BT dragging their heels about generating the last bill.

Bills are normally raised on a regular basis - I think mine are every three months but maybe some customers get monthly bills. Assuming that you got your bills every three months while your service was live too, has it been three months yet since your most recent bill?

Forgive me but I don't really know what rights consumers have in the event that they have a credit balance on some utility or other service they are no longer using, to be offset against a final bill that they haven't yet received. However, I imagine you'd be in a stronger position if BT have left it later than usual to send you your bill.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@wb7 wrote:
maybe some customers get monthly bills

No maybe about it - for most people settling the whole bill monthly is easily the best way of paying BT.

Anyway, now that the mods are handling the OP's issue it's probably best not to carry on a separate conversation here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings