cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawn_bowley
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

25th call made 10th engineer appointment made ... what else can I do to rectify my Broadband?

I had had an on-going problem with my broadband drop intermittently for a long time, potentially from last year, but it became worse during April, where the broadband dropped every time a telephone call was received or made, and when I lifted the handset there was lots of static noise on the line

On the 29th April, I made my first call and received my first engineers appt.

After numerous calls and 6 visits the noise issue and line dropping appeared to be fixed. But the performance was awful, 2 engineer visits later still no improvement, during the 8th visit the main box was changed to an internal filter with no impact.

I then found that my IP Profile was fixed at 135, I called to get this lifted and my best download speed lifted from 36-92kbps to 6054kbps, it had fluctuated down to 3186kbps.

I thought the problem was fixed so I made what I expected to be my final call to arrange the 9th visit to change the box from the internal filter to external to enable me to move the router to a different extension where it had worked perfectly for 5 years.

Immediately it was fine, but two hours later it started dropping on in/out-bound calls again, during the afternoon I went past the exchange to see engineers were there again - is this really merely a co-incidence?

The download speed is now back to 89kbps, the router is still running from the main box, I’ve yet to move it the other extension

Just finished my 25th call and been told that there are lots of errors on the line and I need the 10 engineers visit.

Any ideas on how this can be resolved will be gratefully received

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: 25th call made 10th engineer appointment made ... what else can I do to rectify my Broadband?

Hello :),
Can you please post your ADSL stats by following this direct link; http://192.168.1.254/index.cgi?active_page=9116 << it only works if you have a Home Hub 2.0+ and remember to type your password in!

Also we need a speedtest Use this link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 as it will also help you diagnose and give you a list of solutions afterwards, it does incorporate the http://www.speedtester.bt.com one though as well.

0 Ratings
dawn_bowley
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: 25th call made 10th engineer appointment made ... what else can I do to rectify my Broadband?

Here we go

ADSL Line Status Connection Information Line state: Connected Connection time: 0 days, 04:04:22 Downstream: 7.938 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 13.4 dB / 30.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 10.8 dB / 4.5 dB Output power (Down/Up): 17.9 dBm / 12.8 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 59256 / 0 CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 8 / 1

Download speedachieved during the test was - 23 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you have the maximum 8mb connection for adslmax but as you say the problem is your profile is down at rock bottom 135.  your connection time is only 4hrs is this due to the router resetting or due to you manually resetting the router?

Normally if you can maintain connection 24/7 for 3/5 days maybe sooner then your profile should return to normal 7150.  are you having problems maintaining connection for that length of time?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dawn_bowley
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

The router was manually reset due as requested by BT Support, previous to that it had been up for 5 days (unfortunately I didn't save ADSL settings) but the speedtest before the reset was

Download speed achieved during the test was - 89 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.

Your DSL Connection Rate :7968 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

when you say up for 5 days due you mean that the router was powered up for 5 days or you had checked the connection time in the router and it showed 5 days+?  Unless you check the connection time in the adsl stats the router could easily reset but when you look the lights are always blue.

normally with the timescale I said the profile should reset but it does sometimes get stuck and needs the mods to help.  If you can post stats with 3+ days connected then email the mods for assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings