cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBoy
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

2nd home - different correspondence address, etc?

I just placed an order to get BT broadband at a 2nd home I've bought (for personal use and holiday letting).

I saw no way to give a different correspondence address, is this possible? I will only be there infrequently.

I also forsee issues when the router turns up and I'm not there - and when the engineer comes to activate the line, as I couldn't get a date to coincide with my next trip. The property will be looked after by someone local in the village, do you think the engineer will be happy to contact them to be allowed in if needed? BT customer service might not have options for such things but if I can contact the actual guy in the van he's probably local himself and more likely to be helpful, I reckon.

Any advice or anecdotes of similar experiences gratefully received.

As a side note... does BT let me have multiple properties on one account and multiple names on the account? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 2nd home - different correspondence address, etc?

I have asked a moderator to provide advice.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 5

Hi @MrBoy and thanks for posting.

When you placed the order did you add any alternative contact details?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MrBoy
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi @DavidM thanks for the quick reply. I didn't see any options to do this - I was hoping for something but all I saw was "do you currently live at this address?" rather than the option to provide separate billing address.

Looking at MyBT I've found some promising options including the ability to change my billing address and "add multiple accounts" which might be what I need.

Being able to ask BT to ship my router to a different address would simplify things though - or will it simply come through the letterbox?
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 5

It should fit through the letter box @MrBoy. If you're having problems with this drop me over an email with the details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings