cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyflem
Contributor
Message 21 of 66

Re: £3.00 per month for BT Sport inHD

Nope,the guy on the phone had no idea I had cancelled BT sport,he said if you want to carry on gettting BT sport I would have to pay £6.75 or renew my contract for another 12 months.

I had to explain that I had cancelled because BT are a bunch of chancers and I would be leaving as soon as my contract ends.

0 Ratings
grechster
Beginner
Message 22 of 66

BT Broadband min 12 month terms expires in a few weeks.  

I was thinking of cancelling BT TV to reduce costs as I might need to upgrade to Unlimiteded from 40gb as I always seem to exceed my allowance.  

Cancelling BT TV will mean though that I can no longer watch sport via youview box, alhtough obviously I am still able to watch on PC / APP.  Anyway the main point to my post which may influence my decision is that I received an email a few days ago telling me that I will continue to get BT sport free for another season, in addition though I willl also continue to receive it in HD free of any charge.

Anyone else received such an email?

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 23 of 66

Yep, I received the same email.

Stew
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 66

@grechster wrote:
... I received an email a few days ago telling me that I will continue to get BT sport free for another season, in addition though I willl also continue to receive it in HD free of any charge.

Regarding the BT Sport SD:  From what I've read and been told over the phone, as a BT TV customer you don't need to renew your broadband contract in order to continue to get the free BT Sport SD. It seems Sky TV customers do have to renew though.

Regarding the BT Sport HD:  Do you subscribe to the £3 HD Extra bolt-on? BT Sport HD is included for 'free' with that. If not then did they give any explanation as to why you wouldn't be charged an additional £3 from Aug 1st?

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 66

@billyflem wrote:

Nope,the guy on the phone had no idea I had cancelled BT sport,he said if you want to carry on gettting BT sport I would have to pay £6.75 or renew my contract for another 12 months.

He was wrong. I called the BT Options Team fully prepared to extend my broadband contract (which has 6 months to run) to avoid a charge for BT Sport. They were 100% clear that it was not necessary, confirming that BT Sport was free to existing subscribers as long as their minimum period BB contract was still in force, regardless of the end date. Must remember to recontract in January though.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 66

@pottyperson wrote:
They were 100% clear that it was not necessary, confirming that BT Sport was free to existing subscribers as long as their minimum period BB contract was still in force, regardless of the end date. Must remember to recontract in January though.

Are you on a Sky box or a BT TV box?

I just got my latest bill. Advance charges for BT Sport pack = £12.00 with usual -£12.00 discount. This covers a period running into August. I'm on a BT TV box and I'm no longer within a broadband contract minimum term (now on month 14). So looking good for no need at all for me to renew on BT TV.

I cancelled BT Sport HD so I'll wait and see if that actually stops working on Aug 1st. The bill doesn't mention this HD end date but the advisor said that might well be the case.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 66

@umpire wrote:

@pottyperson wrote:
They were 100% clear that it was not necessary, confirming that BT Sport was free to existing subscribers as long as their minimum period BB contract was still in force, regardless of the end date. Must remember to recontract in January though.

Are you on a Sky box or a BT TV box?

Neither - I've just cancelled BTTV as I was fed up with the patchy catch-up services. Internet streaming is far better, and Sky Go on my daughter's account gives me footy for nowt, for a net saving of nearly 20 quid a month even after upgrading to unlimited Infinity.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 28 of 66

My daughter renewed her Infinity in June 2014. Received her bill 9 July covering beginning of August. No charge for BT Sports HD. Queried this with CS staff. They say there are two packages, one with HD as an add on which will be charged from August and the second which includes HD. It seems my daughter has the second. Usual caveats from CS staff - we will see if this is true.

Stew
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 66

@StewM wrote:
They say there are two packages, one with HD as an add on which will be charged from August and the second which includes HD.

Same question as earlier. Is she a subscriber to the £3 HD Extra bolt-on? That would include BT Sport HD at no extra cost and I don't think this will change. I thought all subscribers to BT Sport HD who signed up after July 31st 2013 had to pay the extra £3 in one form or another. Is this not the case?

I'm on TV Entertainment, not on HD Extra, but getting the original free BT Sport HD for 1 year special offer. The options I was given from August 1st 2014 were to continue to subscribe to BT Sport HD for £3 (really aimed at TV Essential customers) or subscribe to HD Extra for £3 (which is obviously the better deal for TV Entertainment customers). I was given no totally free option.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 30 of 66

Sorry umpire didn't answer your question. No she just has the Entertainment package with BT Sport. No other add ons.

Stew
0 Ratings