cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 61 of 66

Re: £3.00 per month for BT Sport inHD

The BT Sport Terms and Conditions just state as below. A customer could of course be getting BT Sport on a Sky box rather than BT TV.

Ending the Contract for BT Sport

63.  Once we have provided you with access to BT Sport, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 30 days' notice via telephone. During your notice period we will continue to charge you the subscription fee.

0 Ratings
derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 66

As posted earlier I cancelled Sports HD on 28th July and was told it will go off air 1st August, it didn't, 6th Aug spoke to CS who state I have 3months sports HD for free starting 7th Aug, got an email confirming that also saying I would have to give 30 days notice, fair enough I will carry on watching; you know what's coming next don't youSmiley Frustrated today 9th August no sports HD. This was NOT an overseas CS person either-unless it was a Bangalore Geordie! Previously I had said on here I had faith in BT getting things right, silly me. It's laughable really that such a massive company can screw up so often and I know I shan't be getting back in touch with them about it, there's just no point.

umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 63 of 66

@zulu17 wrote:
Well in the currently availableBT tariff guide (26th July) on the officialBT website it still says:

If you end your subscription to a viewing pack/bundle/add-on ...

So my interpretation is that if  your BT Sport Pack  and BT Sport HD Pack is on BT TV  you should be covered by that tariff guide statement. Of course if your HD pack is not on BT TV (eg Sky platform) then I imagine it would default to normal 30 day cancellation .

Is it possible though that by 'viewing pack' it is only referring to the old style viewing packs (Kids, Music, etc) that used to be available for order on the old BT Vision service a few years ago. See page 40 of the tariff guide where they are listed. 

That does list a 'BT TV Sport' viewing pack, but you'll notice it is greyed out. It's the old on-demand only sport content BT used to offer on BT Vision. I used to have it before the new BT Sport was launched. I thought it had been killed off now? Who knows?

The new BT Sport now has a whole section of its own in the tariff guide.

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 64 of 66

Just watching Arsenal Vs Man City and..........missing HD already.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 65 of 66

Here's the section from my nice straightforward bill (not)!

So much for my new BT Sport HD subscription starting on the 8th as I requested and was told it would do according to the order details on the system. I've been charged from the day I ordered it (2nd) but the new free for 3 months offer seems to have only started on the 8th? Hence a charge of 58p. They also refunded me the £0.00 I 'paid' in advance last month for the first week in August due to the previous free offer! Smiley LOL

However, I lost the BT Sport HD entitlement on my BT Vision+ box a few days after the new order and I still haven't got it back!  Smiley Frustrated

UntitledSp.jpg

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 66 of 66

@umpire wrote:
However, I lost the BT Sport HD entitlement on my BT Vision+ box a few days after the new order and I still haven't got it back!  Smiley Frustrated

Finally got this sorted after a while on the phone to India. After trying a reset registration, a software update and me declining the usual suggestion of a factory reset they got someone to manually add the missing BT Sport HD entitlement on the system. Another reboot of the box and all was well.

Oh, and the UK billing dept said they will refund the massive 58p incorrect charge on my next bill. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings