Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr-b
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

3 weeks and no connection

Hi

I am a new BT Infinity customer and my original activation date was 11th April. This got pushed out to 24th with no

notification. Since then my phone line has been taken over but I get no dial tone. No fibre access either.

BT call centre have logged faults but the 48 hour target deadline for the "supplier" (Openreach I presume) come and go with no resolution. I usually get a call to say service is now working and they clear the fault but of course I still have no service. Then I specifically requested contact from the OR engineer on the issue status but I have had nothing.

One day a helpful CC person suggested a home engineer visit - so I was hopeful that this might fix things or at least I could talk to someone working the issue. But then I got a call last night to say the issue was fixed and the eng visit was cancelled. Guess what, still no serivce. 😞  Another line test and a fault is logged again ...

Also I've been thru all the master socket testing stuff, and I used to have a fibre connection via TalkTalk so it's not a new fibre install WRT wiring, although I appreciate that other connections may change.

Can anyone help as I'm about to cancel the order as I've had zero indication that anything is actually happening on my issue (whatever it is).

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: 3 weeks and no connection

There could be a waiting list for a connection.

Your existing connection would have been ceased, and the position in the cabinet given to the next person on the waiting list.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

See if the cabinet availability says "waiting list" or "available"

0 Ratings
mr-b
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line

However I did put my address in to another tool and said the cabinet was available or some such.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

If your phone is not working yet, then the broadband task would not have been issued yet.

On the order tracking, when does it say that your phone line has been activated?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

You will just have to wait until you phone has been activated.

Did you ask to keep your number, or is it a new BT Retail number, as porting a number over can take a long time, and that holds things up?

0 Ratings
mr-b
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thanks. My order activation date for all services was the 24th April and that was when my VM phone line deactivated (so I assumed that something had swtiched over). Yes I asked to port my number over, but was never advised that this was going to take time. If I call my landline it just rings out, but obvs my phone doesn't physically ring.

I just spoke to some Openreach guys around the corner but they weren't doing anything that should affect me. They apologised for my experience but all they could suggest was to keep ringing for updates ...

0 Ratings
mr-b
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I spoke to BT CC again and luckily I got someone who was able to diagnose and explain the issue.

The root cause was an apparent "Data integrity issue" between various supplier systems, which led to all the faults being bounced back as the line wasn't activated due to the order not being completed, even though it was. Anyway that issue has been corrected and the connection work is now booked on local eng system for the 9th May and will not be cancelled this time (hopefully). The BT CC didn't know why any of my multiple previous calls didn't allow someone to diagnose this issue. The latest week delay is because there needs to be a 5 day notification period for number ports (industry requirement). Not much can be done about that. Hope I've got that reasonably accurate.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic (again) ...

0 Ratings