Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angry_Mary
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

3 weeks and still no phone service.

REF- *removed

I reported a line fault on 25/10 and still have no phone service. Since then I have had a series of "expected" repair dates which obviouly none of were met and a form placating email giving me no information whatsoever in response to my earlier complaint Ref - 131105-011809. Due to my location I have no reliable cell phone coverage, it does work if I go upstairs and hold it close to the window which is not exactly useful. I have had an email telling me the reason for the delay is that they need a hoist, some magical device which BT have none of or are not avaliable to rent at plant depots all over the UK. Since they obviously have not acquired one I still get emails telling me about repair dates which are obviously not going to be met as they don't have one.

I am over 80, have paid a bill at this address over 40 years and find this standard of service in todays age to be both shocking and incompetent.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 3 weeks and still no phone service.

Welcome to this customer to customer user forum.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a backlog of work due to the recent bad weather, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: 3 weeks and still no phone service.

Hi Angry_Mary,

If you fill out the contact us form located in the about me section of my profile we will look into this for you.
cheers
Chris
BT mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings