Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WadiRum
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

3 weeks from Infinity install and connection speed slowing further every day

Hello,

My first post and some helpful advice would be appreciated.

I am well aware BTs infinity  "what you might get" speed test is a best guess. It said around 20MB. At sign up my projected download speed given by BT was also 20Mb. At install 3 weeks ago I got 18 Mb download (which was near enough and I was happy) The engineer (excellent chap) said speed would likely pick up over a week or so.

It didn't. It has got slower each day. 17, 16, 15, 14, 13 and at 1 am this morning I was getting 12MB. My email to BT on the 30th has so far been unanswered so I have reminded them today.

I was saddened to note my BT IP profile is 15Mb max, a long way short of the 20Mb projected yet still  2/3 Meg above what I actually get and indicates nothing wrong with the line. Anyone have experience of getting the IP Profile increased ? I had no obvious stability issues over the first few days and dont understand why the IP Profile is so low?

I have new PC running Win 7, short cable to new master socket, no other wired/wireles connections in use. I have turned off both hub and router,waited and rebooted but no better/no worse. Any suggestions most welcome. Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Aarong
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: 3 weeks from Infinity install and connection speed slowing further every day

Hi and welcome to the forum, what package are you currently on? Infinity or Infinity 2? Are all speed tests been done wired or wirelessly?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: 3 weeks from Infinity install and connection speed slowing further every day

What's your estimation when you put your number into the BT Wholesale availability checker?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
WadiRum
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply !

I am on Infinity. I have tried around 4/5 speedtest sites inc BT's All give virtually same results ie ever downwards and alway with a wired connection( main PC has no wireless capability) . When first installed PC had 18Mb download and my laptop had 13Mb so am aware that "wired is best" !

0 Ratings
WadiRum
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

HI,

BT wholesale availability checker still shows 20MB ( I am not greedy 18/19Mb would be near enough but 12 Mb is not what I was expecting) Cheers

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Test at www.speedtester.bbmax.co.uk with an Ethernet connection and let me know the results please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
WadiRum
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Speedtester. bbmax at 13.47 4th May 15.3Mb down 1.8Mb up.

0 Ratings