cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_McCluskey
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

3 weeks without broadband being activated. Appalling customer service.

Hello

I came back from holiday to find my new BT infinity hub had been delivered, and confirmation that my connection had been tested/activated from the street. When I set up my hub however, the power light was orange, with a red flashing light (the broadband logo), indicating there is a fault with the phone line. I do not use a landline telephone, therefore I was unable to check for a dial tone straight away. I did borrow a phone from a neighbour, and after testing the line was not hearing a dial tone.

I called customer services in an attempt to resolve. They told me they were receiving a dial tone, and that the issue must be a broadband issue, so transferred me to the broadband team. After a long winded discussion, the short story is they told me it was a phone line issue.

The next day I called customer services, explaining that their two teams were giving me conflicting stories, asking them to sort the issue out and call me back in a couple of days with an update – I did not get a call back.

After a couple of weeks of back and forth on the phone, including over 1 hour on 18/06/2016, BT finally acknowledged that an engineer was needed (despite me insisting this for around a week). I was placed on hold whilst they booked a call out for me, and I received confirmation for Tuesday the 21st of June. I specifically asked, twice, if I needed to be in the property, to which the customer services representative told me no, the engineer will only be carrying out tests from the street. Of course I receive a call from the engineer on the Tuesday asking where I am, as he is looking to gain access to the property.

I am quite frankly sick of wasting my time with incompetent customer services staff, and really grudge having paid around £70 in one off charges, for a service that has yet to be activated.

I would appreciate some help on this issue, and a refund of my one off charges.

Thanks

Josh

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 3 weeks without broadband being activated. Appalling customer service.

only people on forum that can help you are forum mods who are bt employees  they will post contact us link here  

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 2/3 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 3

Re: 3 weeks without broadband being activated. Appalling customer service.

Hi Josh,

It'd be best if you let us look into all of this for you and do our best to help. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It's in my about me section.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings