cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drunk1
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

£30 Activation Fee BT Sports - Sky

Just enquired about getting BT Sports added on as I am now a Sky customer. 

I have previously been with BT and well, the old adage if you've got nothing good to say don't say anything at all definatley applies. Sky are simply on another planet for TV and customer service. Fibre is 50/50, both are as good as each other. 

But Jesus, £30 activaton and £16/17 for HD. Seriously cannot believe many people are coughing that up on top of a Sky Sports subscription. 

I can deal being wihtout it just now but seriously gonna miss the CL/EL and some of the Scottish/English football next season. But simply cannot afford both and that activation fee is a killer. 

Sad times. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: £30 Activation Fee BT Sports - Sky

BT seem to deals if you commit to 12 months

see the 

BT Sport on Sky only 

section at 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-on-sky-packages/#sport-only

0 Ratings
drunk1
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

That's not bad actually.

Not sure why the lad on the phone couldn't have advised me of this?

No activation fee, free HD for 3 months & free 2nd box for 3 months too.

The only thing that bothers me is the 12 month contract due to the fact BT will probably do some good offers when the CL/EL starts next season as I heard there will be separate channel for that and it'll be a bolt on so I'll be paying for this and CL/EL separate on top of HD.

Must be a bundled deal of sorts on the horizon, would be happy to enter a 12 month at that point. Just too many ifs & buts just now.

Thanks though, good for thought.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

You can have it on a one month rolling contract with the same deal, except you have to pay the activation fee. I believe BT have to pay sky for activation so it seems very reasonable if you are not commiting to being a customer for more than one month that they ask for the fee they have to pay out up-front.

Like most things you pay your money and take your choice...It will always be a better deal if you commit to a longer term deal.

Also most people don't pay that, as you say sky/BT are the same for fibre so why not have fibre from BT and pay nothing for BT Sports 🙂

0 Ratings
drunk1
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Yeah that's a fair comment I guess with Sky charging to activate. But not sure why it changed from £15 to £30 over the past few months?

I considered Infinity again but it works out much more expensive than what I pay with Sky, that was with the cost of BT Sport included and even cashback & Sainsburys voucher. I pay £9.99 line rental & £10 fibre so £20 a month and BT were nearly double per month.

Will probably just order BT Sport online for 12 month when I've got a few beers in me and the senses are dulled ha!
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Hmmm...what speed fibre is that and is it unlimited, you have either got a very good discount or you aren't comparing like for like exactly.

In normal pricing BT normally is about 50pence a month more in line rental but a couple of pounds cheaper a month for Fibre in all packages (and Bt Sport is thrown in for free).

0 Ratings
drunk1
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Just 38MB Infinity. 

They want £18 per month, £16.99 line rental and £30 activation even though I already have fibre. 

I think I'll end up going for the 12 month deal and just hope it works out and I don't get stung with any additional fees for next season with the European football. 

0 Ratings
drunk1
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Just went for the 3 month option with free HD and free 2nd box for 3 months. Usually 21.50 per month, only £13.50 plus activation. So £23.50 per month which I am happy with, not being tied into a contract.

It will take me to the end of the football season as the summer is mince anyway, for both BT & Sky Sports.

Then I can reassess the situation when season 15/16 begins.

0 Ratings